Thread: 2 Great Primal Cookbooks! page

Thechangeineed is offline Junior Member

2 Great Primal Cookbooks!

Shop Now
    Hi Everybody-

I just did a huge pantry and refrigerator purge and it felt SO GOOD! I'm trying to get my family of 5 slowly transitioning over to Paleo. My husband is easy- he's up for anything- my kids are going to be my biggest challenge- they are 9, 7 and 5. Thankfully they love fruit and most meats... vegetables are going to be our biggest obstacle. They love salad but taking away their favorite salad dressing and croutons (caesar) will not be easy- any suggestions for paleo "kid friendly" salad dressings?

I bought the book for them "Eat like a Dinosaur" and I've made 2 recipes so far which everyone loved!!! My husband LOVED The Fools Gold Chicken Nuggests- he hasn't raved about anything I've made in a while- cracked me up! The 50/50 Bacon burgers on the grill were great, too! I also purchased the book "Well Fed" by Melissa Joulwan and I'm making the Chocolate Chili tonight- it sounds awesome! The hardest part for me is going to be snacks- I'm so used to having bars, weight watchers snack products, etc... such a carb addict over here. I love beef jerky and almonds though... does anyone use the Lara bars when they're needing something quick? Some of the flavors looked perfect for paleo... especially the Coconut Cream Pie!

Michelle

redrose is offline Junior Member
    Hi!!!
    This is the salad dressing recipe I use:

1 egg
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    2 teasp dijon mustard
    Celtic salt and cracked pepper ( I just put a good sprinkle in)
    1 cup olive oil

In a food processor, process the egg, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper until well combined.
    While motor is still running, pour the oil in a very slow thin steady stream and process until the mixture is thick and creamy.
    This makes approx 2 cups.

Cheers!

Thechangeineed is offline Junior Member
    Awesome recipe! I'll try it tonight! Thanks so much!

bikeirguy is offline Member
    Other snack ideas:
    • hard boiled eggs
    • anchovies right out of the can
    • sardines
    • pork rinds and cracklins
    • a chunk of left over protein
    Kevin

Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.
    William James
    US Pragmatist philosopher & psychologist (1842 1910)

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    As you progress you will learn that snacking will eventually diminish and probably for the good, 2 -3 meals a day seems the way to go, snacking is a crutch. If you have to snack there have been some decent suggestion here but I would save the Lara bars for a day where you have a heavy workout, they will spike your insulin somethin' fierce.
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes