Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paleo Vs. Vegan ... Article in Experience Life Magazine page

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member

Paleo Vs. Vegan ... Article in Experience Life Magazine

Primal Fuel
    Got the May 2012 issue of Experience Life Magazine in the mail today which contains this article:
    Paleo Vs. Vegan : Experience Life Magazine

In addition, online they have podcast interviews with Robb Wolf, Brendan Brazier, and Frank Lipman MD:
    Paleo Vs. Vegan: Podcast : Experience Life Magazine

Overall, it seems to be a fair article... anyway, enjoy.
    Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    very interesting! I'm going through it now.

lol @ this:

VEGAN: Kris Carr

“For breakfast, I have many options: organic vegetable juice or a green smoothie, seed pancakes, tofu scramble, sprouted-grain bread (or gluten-free bread) with almond butter or avocado, or millet porridge with peaches..."

UMMM...yuck. (minues the juice/smoothies)

ETA:

A very good read! Generally, I enjoy reading articles over listening to a podcast (visual type ), not sure if I'll check out the podcast or not, is it basically the quotes from the article?
    Last edited by JennaRose; 04-19-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Tofu. Scramble.

those two words together sound barfariffic.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    Tofu. Scramble.

those two words together sound barfariffic.
    lmao! even when I was a veg*n I never touched that crap. ooo tofu scramble, its just like eggs! YEAH NO, IT LOOKS GROSS

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Eh. You throw enough spices on it, it's edible. The one Isa Chandra Moskowitz makes isn't bad.

I have never been a huge fan of scrambled eggs, but I could eat scrambled tofu. I don't now, of course, and haven't in about two years, but I actually kind of liked it. Don't be hatin' my former vegan self.

honeypig is offline Senior Member
    My standard breakfast used to be 1 egg scrambled w/a couple ounces of diced tofu and any of a variety of spice blends plus a piece of sprouted grain bread w/butter and a little jam. It was quite tasty, I thought. Then I found Primal/Paleo and that changed, of course.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    I only like tofu prepared in a specific manner. I've yet to try tempeh, but I've heard it's a "safer," "healthier" version of tofu. The only way I'd eat tofu en mass . I'll think of ways to "primalize" it.

As far as the article, I appreciate how it tries to keep things in perspective, at least to me. It provides one side, then the other; topping it off with the moderator's position.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    I only like tofu prepared in a specific manner. I've yet to try tempeh, but I've heard it's a "safer," "healthier" version of tofu. The only way I'd eat tofu en mass . I'll think of ways to "primalize" it.

As far as the article, I appreciate how it tries to keep things in perspective, at least to me. It provides one side, then the other; topping it off with the moderator's position.
    I have never met a tempeh I liked unless it was fried to death and covered in sauce. In which case -- what's the point?

I tried marinating, steaming, baking it. It never turned out right. I tried tempeh so hard, you guys. At least tofu I could cut in cubes and bake until crispy and then cover in sauce and...wait. I'm noticing a theme here.

That said, if I'm ever in Indonesia I'd give tempeh another go. I hear the stuff we get in the Americas is pretty awful compared to the original, genuine article.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    My vegan years were quite dark.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    I have never met a tempeh I liked unless it was fried to death and covered in sauce. In which case -- what's the point?

I tried marinating, steaming, baking it. It never turned out right. I tried tempeh so hard, you guys. At least tofu I could cut in cubes and bake until crispy and then cover in sauce and...wait. I'm noticing a theme here.

That said, if I'm ever in Indonesia I'd give tempeh another go. I hear the stuff we get in the Americas is pretty awful compared to the original, genuine article.
    I'll have to check the Asian market, some time, as well. Maybe, I'll find a gem. But, personally, I'm not big on tofu, anyways. What clinched it was the estrogen content (or so I've heard...), which was another reason I stopped my random servings of soy milk......
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast