Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Power of Grok Compels Me! page

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Something weird has been going on.

I know everyone keeps on telling me to eat more fat, but I'm 21, and it's against my nature to listen to those who are wiser.

But anyways, today something (or Grok!) came over me and made me eat two giant steaks and a can of tuna. And not only that, I also melted a stick of butter and poured it all over my weird breakfast.

I don't think I've ever eaten more than 2 tbs. of butter in one meal... so what's going down (in china town)?!

Then I got sick.

So why did I even eat that much butter if it was too much? Is my body's intuition out of whack?

After this I promised myself to never repeat this sort of thing. I also promised myself I won't eat for a year after what I just ate.

But come dinner time and I'm pouring fat all over my pork and cabbage.

And getting seconds.

The other day I ate creamed coconut with a spoon.

Call an exorcist!

Why am I craving fat all of a sudden? And how do I keep myself from getting sick?

There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

GtrBMart is offline Junior Member

Protein should be mostly fixed, so if you're eating low carb, you're body needs some form of energy. You have to be careful, however, with these cravings. I say, gradually increase the fat content in your food and you'll quickly learn how much is too much and vice versa. Just listen to your body.

I'm trying to, but all I'm getting right now is a zombie-grumble "mmmmbutttttteeeer moooooooore butttttttter"

There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

GtrBMart is offline Junior Member

Haha, well clearly your body didn't like that so much! Personally, I think the weird part was combining tuna with steak. That's just weird to me.

Not a surf and turf fan.

Haha! It wasn't even the good kind, it was like canned tuna!

And what happened was that I didn't want veggies, I wanted steak. After I was done, I wanted another one. And even after this one and all the butter, I thought a can of tuna would finish things off nicely. Then I ate half a tomato.

Weird.

Plaid Dad is offline Junior Member

I find if I eat too much fat too quickly, my digestion is not happy. I'm minus one gallbladder, so maybe that has something to do with it. If I eat the same stuff over a period of hours, though, my body seems to be able to handle it better. Maybe your body needed some more time to process everything?

Stabby is offline Senior Member

You simply overloaded your digestive system. Digesting two types of animals is far more arduous a task than digesting one, pour on some heat-damaged dairy with no living bacterial culture left to aide in its digestion and factor in the huge amount of food it was in total. Yeah you got sick.

How about normal portion sizes with one type of animal and a reasonable amount of raw butter. Report back

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Sister Grok Guest

I've been feeling weird when eating canned tuna lately, I think it's just so overcooked to death it feels like chewed rope or something equally inedible.. I used to love it when I was a kid! Dunno what changed, I think I've just become more in tune with my body since going primal.. Too bad I've got a couple cans left in the pantry, maybe if I have some broth at the same meal the gelatin will help..

Vague advice like "listen to the mysterious energy your body omits when you think of fat" doesn't help! I either listen to it and eat too much or I don't and have too little.

My question is how much is enough? How do you know these things?

I didn't intentionally stuff myself with butter for shits and giggles, I just wanted to eat it. All I kept hearing in the back of my mind is: 'fat is good', so I figured it was the right thing to do!

And raw butter.... HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! That's a good joke. Raw dairy is illegal here, and if by chance they have some raw butter somewhere, over the rainbow, it'll be very hard to find.

Butter and duck fat is all I have to put on my lean conventional meat, which is all I can get. And duck fat doesn't taste good.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

Trial and error NSwoM!! The next time you feel Grokish, try half a stick of butter!

Just like the next time I'm in china town I'm not eating 2/3rds of a pound of pork fat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast