Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Power of Grok Compels Me! page 2

GtrBMart is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Vague advice like "listen to the mysterious energy your body omits when you think of fat" doesn't help! I either listen to it and eat too much or I don't and have too little.

But that's how you figure it out. Trial and error.

I mean, the fact that you think duck fat doesn't taste good is proof that you're not listening to your body!

Joking!

Sort of!

ChrisJ is offline Member

Yeah, I can only recommend trial and error. Start with a little, and then add a bit more next time.

I can eat a seemingly infinite amount of butter. When I was malnourished as a child, I used to sneak downstairs at night and stuff butter into my mouth. This was until the parents who starved me found out.

Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

Brewtality Guest

It seems like I remember you saying you were once prone to binge eating. Is that that you kept eating butter and steak because you were hungry, or because you wanted the taste (cravings)? You may need to find a way to mentally separate cravings from hunger.

I find it helps me to use cravings to plan ahead. Like right now, I really want a baked sweet potato with butter on it. I am planning a meal around that for supper, so I will look forward to it all day. I am doing pulled pork in primal barbeque, with a baked sweet potato on the side. Just remember, if you get full, and you still crave it, wait a few hours and have another round.

Grok likely ate tons right after a kill, because he had no way to preserve it. However, it was not all at once... it would have been lots of small meals that day. Not just one big one. As you found out, the body doesnt handle one huge on that well... (ok ,thats what she said... couldnt resist)

Stabby is offline Senior Member

By raw butter I just meant don't melt it over stuff. It will have a bacterial culture if not heated but when heated, the bacterial culture is killed.

So basically don't stuff yourself full of TWO types of animal at a time a pour dead bacteria all over them and you'll be good.

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member

Another thing to consider is TOM (time of the month). I crave fatty stuff a lot at that time. Don't worry though, your metabolism speeds up to compensate.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Stabby, why do you think two types of animal in one go is more difficult for the body? Surely it's all a mish mash of protein, fats....etc?

Also butter has very little else in it bar the fat content so not sure which dead bacteria in particular you mean?

NSWM - maybe your body "knows" that it needs th efat, but your digestion hasn't caught up yet? What ese have you eaten or drunk all day?

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

NSWM, the power of Grok compells me too. Sometimes I crave meat so much it scares me.

When I went primal I used to add butter to my coffee. It was actually pretty good, I would stir it and the result would be a hot creamy emulsion, ideal for winter.

This passed though, it's like my body was craving fat for a long time so I stuffed myself with it at first, then I naturally gravitated towards fatty meat with no added fat.

The cool thing about going primal is that, once your body stabilizes, you can trust in it. Eat what you want when you want it in the quantities you want it, and you'll be fine. As long as it's primal food.

You will also find that the power of Grok will compel you on other non-diet-related stuff as well.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

Chris, HAHAHA! Your life sounds like a good theme for a Hollywood movie! The starving young child, and the traumatic butter-bingeing experience! But YOU GET THE GIRL! :P

Don't get me wrong duck fat is good, but it doesn't really have a taste. Butter is milky and salty (even without the salt). That's why I prefer it.

Bretwality, I never had eating disorders or really binged. I use it as a figure of speech to describe eating 'crap' when I'm supposed to be on a diet. And I didn't sleep the night before, so I was awake for 10 hours without food, it's probably why I ate so much in the morning.

Stabby, you mean eating sold butter? That's gross! :P I melted it a bit to dip my stuck in it, I can't think of another way! :0

Jo, that is true!

Northern and Sinner, that's kinda what I thought. And since I'm always right so must you be! HAHA!

No really, great advice.

I definitely need to figure things out and I'm sure I'll get sick plenty of times until my body understands that the big portions I'm used to aren't ideal.

I didn't drink/ eat anything the night before i had that breakfast.

And butter in coffee.... mmmmmmm... but I don't drink coffee, so raw cocoa? mmmmmmm....

Buttttttttteeeeeeeeeer *homer simpson drool action*

There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

Stabby is offline Senior Member

All right well my only advice is eat a reasonable portion of one amount if meat. No it's not just a mish-mash of protein and fat. It's two separate animals that require separate treatment to break them down into protein and fat. It's a fact that the more complex a task the digestive system has, the more hard-pressed it is, the more likely you will be to get sick.

I think it's been said already but in the absence of carbs, fat is fuel. You are having carb cravings with fat.

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

@NoSaladwithoutMeat: Duck taste has no fat? Blasphemy! Do you buy your duck pre-cooked? Roasted duck = heaven, and I won't rest until you've experienced this.

"I think it's been said already but in the absence of carbs, fat is fuel. You are having carb cravings with fat."

Interesting. Sometimes, on VLC, I'll get random overwhelming carb cravings. I'll cope by stuffing my face with fat, but in the end, only a carby food will take the craving away. I usually sneak in some veggies or fruits every couple of days or else I'll get cravings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast