Thread: Mental Health/Physical Health page

Voyageur is offline Senior Member

Mental Health/Physical Health

The possible close connection crosses my mind often when surfing here. I haven't read much about the connection of mental health and its affects on physical health. Seems to me that with so many physical aliments, disorders, diseases, deficiencies, etc, etc that the average person has to address to begin healing..... it seems like the mental health preparedness to become physically better would be very important as well. Any thoughts or relevant information regarding this idea?

There is a huge difference between talking about how to do something and getting it fucking done.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely, the mind and body are very interconnected. One cannot have a healthy body without a healthy mind, and the inverse is true as well. A lot of how we nourish ourselves impacts our psychological health but this is just 1 of 9 pillars of health. You must exercise, have fun, manage stress, feel connected to nature/people, get adequate sleep, supplements as necessary,

9 Steps to Perfect Health: Introduction
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Physical, chemical, emotional.......Mind/Body/Soul......However you wanna put it these elements are inseparable. Thats why I lean toward holistic practitioners if I'm going to see anyone at all.

tj_card is offline Member
    I feel as though once you have the mindset to follow something that will eventually make you healthier, the mind follows as well. I jumped into PB and I began noticing my mind becoming more focused and clear. Once this happened the thought of getting healthier released endorphins to ease my mind and help me through this. I binged the other weekend on wine and my mind was thrown off track as well as my progress but as the days past my mind and body came to it and jumped right back on course.

Voyageur is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Physical, chemical, emotional.......Mind/Body/Soul......However you wanna put it these elements are inseparable. Thats why I lean toward holistic practitioners if I'm going to see anyone at all.
    Makes perfect sense to me. Does it seem this important connection gets enough 'coverage' or emphasized by primal/paleo/whole food people like Mr. Sisson?

There is a huge difference between talking about how to do something and getting it fucking done.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
    Makes perfect sense to me. Does it seem this important connection gets enough 'coverage' or emphasized by primal/paleo/whole food people like Mr. Sisson?

Chris Kresser yes, Mark Sisson he does talk about the importance of other aspects of health but doesnt talk too much about how they are all connected. Some others.. Most usually do.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

moodyhilly is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Are you staying fit and healthy so you prepare both side mentally or physically. Doing more exercise to helping to strong your physical level and mental level. So doing more yoga and meditation these both exercise are really good to maintain physically and mentally.