Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey fellow Kettlebellers..... page

TorMag is offline Senior Member

Hey fellow Kettlebellers.....

Shop Now
    Anybody doing the Viking Conditioning Workout. I am still on the Beginning phase of ETK, but I read VCW and decided to apply the 15 x 15 to my 12 minutes swings. Just tried it for the first time today, wow really kicked my butt. Feels like I sprinted up several hills. However it set a PR for the 12 minutes swings and got 199, missed my goal by 1, but my last PR was 165.....

BTW, the are some great free HIIT Timers for Smart phones, got mine for the Android on the app store downloaded all of them and tested each to find which one I wanted to use. I opted for the High-Intensity Interval Training timer HITT, the app's icon is White With a runner in black on it. I picked it because the volume of the buzzer was louder than the music I like to play, easily heard.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I love kettlebells, and do 1 workout with KBs a week, but it just my own creation. I am going to look up this Viking one and see if I can fish out something cool from it for my routine.

Anyone has problems with foot cramps on Turkish Get ups, btw???
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Leida, foot cramps for Get ups, probably curling your toes. Try relaxing the foot. Push with the thighs when getting up from your knees not the feet. The Viking workout is all about snatches, timed snatches. The 15 x 15 is 15 secs snatching, 15 secs resting, going for 40 minutes, yep, 40 minutes.

I applied the same principal to my my 12 minute swings, 15 secs swinging, 15 secs resting and was able to beat my PR by a lot....

Jamison is offline Banned
    40 minutes of snatching holy crap.

Do you count that as your LHT for the week? What size KB do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    40 minutes of snatching holy crap.

Do you count that as your LHT for the week? What size KB do you use?
    I have not even begun to try that. You are supposed to use a smaller Kettlebell for the Viking snatches... He suggest a 35, but I plan on starting with a 25....

primalclubber is offline Senior Member
    Just work up to 40-50 sets x 6-8 snatches per set and the 15/15. That's 20-25 mins per workout and that is plenty to get you gassed. It will be hard for you to keep form for much longer plus it's hard on your hands. I've done a 100 x 8 once with a 35lb, but rarely max out beyond 50 sets, and I've used this protocol for conditioning now for about 3 years. I'm now working on the 53 lber and and up to 30 x 6 on the 15/15.

I also occasionally do 5 min timed snatches, just going all out for 5 mins switching hands as often as you need. I've done 145 with the 35 and 80 snatches with the 53.

On TGUs if I haven't done them in a while I would sometimes get cramping in my toes, but would go away if I get them in once or twice a week.

fengli is offline Junior Member
    Kettlebell's are great, if you have not tried them I strongly recommend getting trained in how to use them, they are relatively inexpensive and can be used anywhere. I used to think this video was impressive, untill I tried it, now I am just blown away in amazement:

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Leida, foot cramps for Get ups, probably curling your toes. Try relaxing the foot. Push with the thighs when getting up from your knees not the feet. The Viking workout is all about snatches, timed snatches. The 15 x 15 is 15 secs snatching, 15 secs resting, going for 40 minutes, yep, 40 minutes.
    Holy, that would be a killer workout. I do a fair bit of ballistics in my routine, but 40 min of snatches I probably will not be able to sustain with a weight that is satisfactory to my pride, lol!

Thank you on the tip on the get ups. I will check my toes/foot.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Man Fengli, that gal is a monster. Thanks for the video. She makes me look like a whimp.

Catharsis is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    What are some good online places to get started with Kettlebells? Youtube videos? I've had one for a while but never used it. I'm thinking about starting to take it with me when I travel out of town to get a workout in on the road. I have a weak lower back so I've been reluctant to use it out of fear of injury.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast