Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Green Juice Question! page

sammerb is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Hello all!

I've been on this site for a while, but never registered... so this is exciting!

I like to juice green veggies every once in awhile, but I was wondering a few things.

1) What's everyone's take on including green juice in the diet? Does anyone else personally juice?

2) How man carbs would something like cucumber, celery, spinach juice contain?

Thanks for any input!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Hmm... never had green juice. I don't see how it would hurt any. Most green veggies are very low in carbs. I'm curious to try it myself.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

Do you combine it with berries? I try to, but greens are yuccccccccky!

"The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

avocado is offline Senior Member

I've been wanting to try them, I even have a juicer I inherited (although I want to try just smoothie style too), but haven't done it yet. From what I understand, adding fruit completely overwhelms the vegetal taste. I'm interested in trying some purely vegetable mixes too. I have a book somewhere of recipes. I think they would be something nice to have now and then.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

I love green juices, but never drink them anymore because

1- Not one of the 5-6 juicers I own, or the other 4 I have access to is even remotely worth cleaning up after. It is NOT a simple, quick, non-messy process that my roommates will tolerate.

2- Juice bars are expensive, and don't make the juice right anyway...

...my favorite Green Juice combination though is Celery Cabbage Ginger Lemon.

I used to like darker greens like Kale, Parsley, and so on, but once I hit on the above combination it was my all time fave. Cabbage is so sweet, and almost milky/nourishing tasting.

I also used to love fresh pressed sugar cane juice, but you have to have a special super press just for that... man sugar cane with ginger, and lime??? too heavanly.... Okay, now I AM tempted to cheat just a little one PB... but just a little with that one. Fresh pressed Pommegrante is also amazing, like a delicious wine.

I used to buy wheatgrass sugar cane ginger lemon cilantro jalapeno juice from this guy who made it, but luckily for me that's over.

Kasey is offline Member

I have a green juice every morning ; )

I never add fruit because I don't like the sweet taste mixed with vegetables, it's weird.

All you really need as a base is celery and lemon to make it taste good, then add whatever dark leafy greens you want. My favourite tasting juice so far is celery, lemon, sunflower sprouts, and dill. Watch your teeth though with that lemon!

I wouldn't worry about carbs from veggies.

MichaelA is offline Senior Member

So how you do this juice? Blending and adding some water or how is this working??

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Why not CHEW your food like The Goddess intended?

This and the smoothie thing I just don't get.

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

@kasey-Does an all-green blend taste..um, good? Did you have to get used to the taste? I used to blend green juices, but I I had to add a lot of fruit (and sugars) to the greens to make it taste enjoyable.

I guess if you keep the carbs down, green juices would be fine. For me, the excess fiber made me bloated and it didn't feel like a real 'meal'.

@OTB- Amen to that.

Kasey is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

"So how you do this juice? Blending and adding some water or how is this working??"

I have an Omega 8006. It's a masticating type juicer as opposed to the regular centrifugal ones with the spinning blade. Makes a higher quality juice.

"Why not CHEW your food like The Goddess intended?

This and the smoothie thing I just don't get."

For me, it's out of necessity. Having an ulcerated colon and eating a bunch of raw fibrous vegetables don't mix lol. Juicing has been a life saver for me. It may sound unnatural but have you ever been chewing up some celery and just wanted to spit out the fiber at the end? I think I would do that in the wild.

@Iceskater

Honestly, I absolutely LOVE the taste of green juice and adding fruit totally ruins it for me. There are some tasty fruit and green drinks but I like the salty sour ones with the celery and lemon. Try just that alone, 1 head of celery and 1 small lemon. That alone is delicious. Then you can start adding whatever you want to that if you like the flavour, spinach, green peppers, tomatoes, whatever you like.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast