Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Green Juice Question! page 3

ChrisJ is offline Member

@Kasey, shit really? and here's me eating loads of rocket and raw broccoli in my salads!

Any resources on this?

Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

ChrisJ is offline Member

thanks tara, I'll look into this a bit more. I'm especially concerned since my girlfriend, who I will be cooking for a lot when we move back in together, is hypothyroid, as well as type 1 diabetic. I'm trying to learn a bit more on how I can cook for her in healthy ways that won't cause adverse effects. I'll probably go a little slower on the raw broccoli, but that makes me sad. It's so tasty!

Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

Kasey is offline Member

Chris you could try fermenting the broccoli. That will negate the negative effects on the thyroid. Not sure if you'll still like the taste. In general, fermented foods are sour and an acquired taste. I love them!

Here's where I first heard about the thyroid stuff

http://www.bodyecology.com/06/11/16/..._nutrition.php

ChrisJ is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

thanks Kasey.

Not sure I'll like the taste of fermented veg but it's worth trying at some point. For now I'll stick to cooking them, and eating raw veg that doesn't slow my thyroid. I'm sure a little raw rocket once in a while is ok?

My fresh start in London

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123