Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal = sick :( page 2

muk
    muk is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Thanks Griff! And Jacsuza, no biggie, I did the same this morning and lunch. I felt so miserable. For dinner I made Grok meatloaf tho. It is AMAZING!

jays Guest

Don't sleep it off too much either, go for a long casual walk. Choose a market an hour away and walk over there to but a stick of jerky or the like. Make your body need to find energy, then it will have to start using fat sooner. If you go and hibernate then it can just put it off until tomorrow.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

doing any better? hanging in there?

low carb flu can last a while... up to 3-6 weeks for some people. I didn't get it at all but I was lucky.

Definitely up the fat (and protein) if you feel like you're not taking in enough calories for the kind of work you do each day!

Hope it's going well for you!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

shastagirl Guest

sounds like lack of sleep to me. if i dont get my 8-9hrs i get headaches, i feel physically sick. its terrible. speaking of which, its almost my bedtime!!

Underwaterer is offline Junior Member

I am wondering if I had a 24 hour version of the low carb flu. It started yesterday afternoon with a light headache. It progressively got worse and I also noticed my muscles (mostly my back) were so sore and achy, like you would feel with the flu.

My skin felt sensitive and I was soo tired. By the time 5-6 rolled around, I just wanted to lay down, I felt awful. My head was killing me. I felt little chills too. I felt like crap up until 10. My temp was elevated to 99.1 degrees. It never went much higher than that. I feel fine today. It was very strange to feel that. I didn't hydrate as much as I should have. I had coffee and unsweetened ice tea mostly.. then about 25 oz of water. Think this was a 24h bug or the 'low-carb flu"?

Athena is offline Senior Member

@Underwaterer, sounds like you had a mild infection. Likely your awesome primal immune system kicked in and kicked its ass.

Underwaterer is offline Junior Member

haha! Yeah, I was thinking that. I felt horrible!! But it was funny how fast it was over!

earvinmagic Guest

this is my 2nd day and im going through it also....got my blood work back a few days ago and tested positive for celiac so instead of just eliminating gluten i decided to get rid of all the grains and give this a shot. I really dont need to be dropping many pounds but could use some body fat to go away

anyway have a pretty good headache and am pretty foggy today....hopefully doesnt last to many days or i might start adding in a serving of wild rice or something

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

It's funny because now if I have a big cheat meal, i get flu like symptoms...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12