Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this unhealthy? page

Whatyoudoing is offline Member

Is this unhealthy?

Primal Fuel
    The only chocolate I eat is lindt 99%. but when I eat it (which is about 3x a week) I eat the entire bar (50g). Is this bad?

Ingredients:
    Cacao mass, cacao, cacao butter, brown sugar.

Nutrition:
    calories : 270
    fat: 25 g
    Cholesterol: 0 g
    sodium: 150 mg
    carbs: 4 g
    sugar: 1 g
    protein: 7 g

That's for the whole bar

Devain is offline Member
    That's the whole bar? The portion sizes listed on most of the dark chocolate I eat is between 160 and 250 calories, at around 40g, and the whole bar is usually 100g. In and of itself, I'd say its not unhealthy, nor are the calories excessive. However, this is relative to the quantity and quality of the rest of your diet. I average around 2200 calories a day, and go with a half-serving of dark chocolate (~20g), usually with some fresh berries (~100g)and/or 5oz red wine. Since you are doing it every other day, it averages out to about the same as me, so I certianly wouldn't consider it unhealthy. As long as it isn't interfering with your goals, I'd call it a reasonable indulgence.
    Im not in this world to live up to your expectations and youre not in this world to live up to mine. ―Bruce Lee

2012: 01/17 238~34% | 03/17 215~28%| 5/17 196~24% | 8/22 188 ~20% (then I got lazy)
    2013: 1/27 190~20%

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    It's fine.

activia is offline Senior Member
    I'd rather eat tree bark
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    If thats the whole bar looks good....I usually do 85% so I probably would not do a whole bar of that.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    No. I'd be more concerned if you went your entire life without ever eating an entire chocolate bar. I eat a handful of chocolate chips several times a week. They're semi-sweet, too, so I bet they're like 40% dark. I'm not worried.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    No. I'd be more concerned if you went your entire life without ever eating an entire chocolate bar. I eat a handful of chocolate chips several times a week. They're semi-sweet, too, so I bet they're like 40% dark. I'm not worried.
    I grew up thinking one piece of chocolate (5g) was a serving you ate once a day. Also my entire childhood I NEVER ate candy because my mom once said it did not taste good and I believed her and eversince then I was afraid to eat candy. And because I never ate candy I also DO actually not like the taste

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatyoudoing View Post
    I grew up thinking one piece of chocolate (5g) was a serving you ate once a day. Also my entire childhood I NEVER ate candy because my mom once said it did not taste good and I believed her and eversince then I was afraid to eat candy. And because I never ate candy I also DO actually not like the taste
    Wow your friend growing up never convinced you to try it? They must have looked at you like you were crazy
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I tried to tell my four year old its not real food. He vehemently disagrees with me.......His debating skills are scary good.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Yeah, I tried to tell my four year old its not real food. He vehemently disagrees with me.......His debating skills are scary good.
    My mother never tried to convince me of anything, she just radomly said one day "I don't like candy" and so I never took it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast