Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Is this unhealthy? page

  1. #1
    Whatyoudoing's Avatar
    Whatyoudoing is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    90

    Is this unhealthy?

    Primal Fuel
    The only chocolate I eat is lindt 99%. but when I eat it (which is about 3x a week) I eat the entire bar (50g). Is this bad?

    Ingredients:
    Cacao mass, cacao, cacao butter, brown sugar.

    Nutrition:
    calories : 270
    fat: 25 g
    Cholesterol: 0 g
    sodium: 150 mg
    carbs: 4 g
    sugar: 1 g
    protein: 7 g

    That's for the whole bar

  2. #2
    Devain's Avatar
    Devain is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    75
    That's the whole bar? The portion sizes listed on most of the dark chocolate I eat is between 160 and 250 calories, at around 40g, and the whole bar is usually 100g. In and of itself, I'd say its not unhealthy, nor are the calories excessive. However, this is relative to the quantity and quality of the rest of your diet. I average around 2200 calories a day, and go with a half-serving of dark chocolate (~20g), usually with some fresh berries (~100g)and/or 5oz red wine. Since you are doing it every other day, it averages out to about the same as me, so I certianly wouldn't consider it unhealthy. As long as it isn't interfering with your goals, I'd call it a reasonable indulgence.
    Im not in this world to live up to your expectations and youre not in this world to live up to mine. ―Bruce Lee


    2012: 01/17 238~34% | 03/17 215~28%| 5/17 196~24% | 8/22 188 ~20% (then I got lazy)
    2013: 1/27 190~20%

  3. #3
    iniQuity's Avatar
    iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    5,672
    It's fine.

  4. #4
    activia's Avatar
    activia is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Near Boston MA
    Posts
    2,198
    I'd rather eat tree bark
    Primal since March 2011

    Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

  5. #5
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,141
    If thats the whole bar looks good....I usually do 85% so I probably would not do a whole bar of that.

  6. #6
    ChocoTaco369's Avatar
    ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Narberth, PA
    Posts
    5,531
    No. I'd be more concerned if you went your entire life without ever eating an entire chocolate bar. I eat a handful of chocolate chips several times a week. They're semi-sweet, too, so I bet they're like 40% dark. I'm not worried.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

  7. #7
    Whatyoudoing's Avatar
    Whatyoudoing is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    No. I'd be more concerned if you went your entire life without ever eating an entire chocolate bar. I eat a handful of chocolate chips several times a week. They're semi-sweet, too, so I bet they're like 40% dark. I'm not worried.
    I grew up thinking one piece of chocolate (5g) was a serving you ate once a day. Also my entire childhood I NEVER ate candy because my mom once said it did not taste good and I believed her and eversince then I was afraid to eat candy. And because I never ate candy I also DO actually not like the taste

  8. #8
    activia's Avatar
    activia is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Near Boston MA
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatyoudoing View Post
    I grew up thinking one piece of chocolate (5g) was a serving you ate once a day. Also my entire childhood I NEVER ate candy because my mom once said it did not taste good and I believed her and eversince then I was afraid to eat candy. And because I never ate candy I also DO actually not like the taste
    Wow your friend growing up never convinced you to try it? They must have looked at you like you were crazy
    Primal since March 2011

    Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

  9. #9
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,141
    Yeah, I tried to tell my four year old its not real food. He vehemently disagrees with me.......His debating skills are scary good.

  10. #10
    Whatyoudoing's Avatar
    Whatyoudoing is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    90
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Yeah, I tried to tell my four year old its not real food. He vehemently disagrees with me.......His debating skills are scary good.
    My mother never tried to convince me of anything, she just radomly said one day "I don't like candy" and so I never took it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •