Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Berkhan on accepting responsibility page

Voyageur is offline Senior Member

Berkhan on accepting responsibility

Occam's Razor | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

Every month or so I surf around his site and always find something great. The man knows what it takes to be lean and strong long term.

I'm posting this in hopes of helping one person on this page stop making excuses and reverse the damage you brought upon yourself.

-Voyageur

There is a huge difference between talking about how to do something and getting it fucking done.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I agree to a point. I don't know about other people, but for me eliminating certain food choices results in a reduction of appetite, better energy level and no mood swings that result in binging on sweets. It is a real thing. I track my calories and macros, and I have observed the same behavior over and over. It was documented in other women as well (for example, high carb low fat breakfast leading to a sweet binge at 2 to 4 pm). Responsibility is important, but studying your body responses to particular chemicals (and foods are chemicals) is important as well. Certain eliminations can make things easier, as well as the eating schedules. SOme people respond better to multiple meals, some do better on longer fasts. And it also changes depending on where you are in the fat loss progress. Knowledge is power, and the more you know about yourself, the easier the fat loss becomes, particulary if you want to walk the walk without the stimulants and supplements.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks- such a good article and a reminder. It makes me stabby when I read that "fruit makes me fat" or "I'm fat because I run"... or "you can eat unlimited X if you avoid Y". We are all fat because we ate more than our body needed at some point in time. I do believe metabolisms vary- we all need different amounts of fuel... if ya need less, ya need less.

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    I also find it relieving that such a powerful fitness presence (Berkham) openly admits that it is hard to maintain a fit lifestyle, and that it can be fun to "sit on [his] butt and play videogames." Sometimes I see my friends engaged in a lifestyle like that, and it looks fun, and part of me thinks, "oh that would be so much simpler"... I wouldn't be happy. I would be out of shape. I would be very sick with allergies. But it would be easy. It's nice to know that everyone, even very fit people whom I admire, struggle with or have struggled with that too!
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I thought it was stupid. Sorry. I can't get on board with this new paleo "all you fatties are fat because you are lazy sloths who eat too much" argument. It's bro-science he's selling.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    It was only a few hundred years ago folks were not getting on board with the "Earth is not flat" arguments either...

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post
    It was only a few hundred years ago folks were not getting on board with the "Earth is not flat" arguments either...
    So clever....not.

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    I think there are a lot of similarities between that example and believing that Paleo principles are superior to the law of thermogenesis.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post
    I think there are a lot of similarities between that example and believing that Paleo principles are superior to the law of thermogenesis.
    Lol....are you serious? How many times does it have to be said. Nobody disputes any laws of thermodynamics. There is just a whole hell of a lot more to consider than calories in/calories out ESPECIALLY in body composition and health status. There really is no argument. You can change your BMR with the foods you eat. Hormonal reactions change how energy is utilized. That is the rub.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sometimes I see my friends engaged in a lifestyle like that, and it looks fun, and part of me thinks, "oh that would be so much simpler"... I wouldn't be happy.
    +1. Last week I caught myself envying fat people because they can eat a chocolate bar. Like a whole chocolate bar. Even a complete not good for you at all chocolate bar like Caramilk. They can eat a pastry... Just like that. All by themselves. In one sitting. And not even have a second fleeting thought about it.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast