Thread: Is All Yeast Bad? page

Is All Yeast Bad?

Shop Now
    I have been looking at taking a 100 % natural yeast food supplement, said to be far more advanced than Brewers Yeast with lots of vitamins, minerals and enzymes. In my ignorance I had kind of thought that yeast was bad for our body, prior to looking at this product, can anyone shed any light?

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    As far as I know, yeast is only bad if you have an overgrowth, or some kind of gut trauma, or an allergy.

Why are you taking it though? If you are eating a proper diet, there should be no need to take a yeast supplement. Generally only vegans/vegetarians take them for missing certain nutrients in their regular food diet.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Catharsis is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure "nutritional" yeast is a deactivated yeast that is fortified with vitamins and minerals and is usually strains that taste somewhat "cheesy". The only reason I can think of for anyone to take it would be if they aren't eating properly in the first place and need the additional vitamins/minerals and refuse to take a multivitamin.

Frankly, I don't see much use for it, but I'm not a vegetarian is despise hippyism too so it's rather moot for me.