Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IF and Sleep page

badbunny is offline Senior Member

IF and Sleep

Primal Fuel
    I did do a search and the latest post I could find on this was back in 2010, given that I hope we know a bit more now I was hoping someone could help out.

I have been IF-ing for the past 5 days and whilst I am still starving in the mornings I managed to get until 12 noon before I eat.

I eat at 12 and then again about 6, so I go to be satiated.

However I've been awake about 2am for the past 3 nights, refreshed and ready to get up! I've managed to get back to sleep eventually and make it to about 6 which is my normal get up time. Last night I woke at 2 and then at 4 and despite my best efforts I have not slept so I got up and went to work early.

I don't feel dreadfully tired, a little groggy but I may crash later today

Anyone else had this experience? will it get better? any advice appreciated.
    Last edited by badbunny; 04-18-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: spelling!
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing the same! I feel so alive an awake at 2 and then have to force myself to stay in bed when I wake again about 6. I think it's ok, and I suppose it's just our bodies saying 'ok, I'm ready to go again!" I haven't read anything either here or elsewhere giving anymore info other than my own experience. I've also noticed that falling asleep when initially going to bed is heaps easier and the quality of sleep I'm getting has improved since going primal so maybe it's the quality of sleep changing how much I need.
    Just thoughts! Hope they help.
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I think I remember reading some posts on this a while ago. The suggestion was to eat a teaspoon of honey before bed. I guess technically it breaks the fast, but it may not impact your results.

I have also read that when allowed to sleep completely naturally with no pressures, most healthy humans are biphasic sleepers. So our natural sleep patter would be to go to sleep after sun down for a few hours, wake for an hour or two, and then sleep again til morning. The evening wake time was (supposedly) used for eating, sex, and relaxation.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

primalkyle is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    ...our natural sleep patter would be to go to sleep after sun down for a few hours, wake for an hour or two, and then sleep again til morning. The evening wake time was (supposedly) used for eating, sex, and relaxation.
    Sign me up! "Ahh, the day is over, let me sleep. Oh, I'm awake now? Let me eat, fornicate and relax until I fall asleep again."

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    The evening wake time was (supposedly) used for eating, sex, and relaxation.
    I wonder if him indoors would be amenable to a quickie at 3am?
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by primalkyle View Post
    Sign me up! "Ahh, the day is over, let me sleep. Oh, I'm awake now? Let me eat, fornicate and relax until I fall asleep again."
    It really does sound awesome. Add in an afternoon siesta and I would be in paradise.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

Quote Originally Posted by badbunny View Post
    Can't hurt to ask, right?

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I have been doing IF for well over a year, about the same schedule. I usually eat around noon and then again at 6pm. One or two days a week I will only eat one meal around 6pm. I often wake up around 3am as if I am ready to go.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badbunny View Post
    What healthy guy wouldn't???

Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    I have been doing IF for well over a year, about the same schedule. I usually eat around noon and then again at 6pm. One or two days a week I will only eat one meal around 6pm. I often wake up around 3am as if I am ready to go.
    excellent - thats what I want to hear, now I need to start planning what I would do with an extra 3 hours a day!
    Walter Elliot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast