Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep feeling nauseous and tired? page

lolawolf is offline Member

Keep feeling nauseous and tired?

Primal Fuel
    I'm on the 2nd day of the leptin reset. I had been feeling extremely nauseous lately, any time of day or night even if I eat or don't eat. Started feeling nauseous again a few mins ago, I have no idea why. I was also extremely sleepy today.
    Honestly, this nausea is making me want to eat whatever I want to see if it helps me feel better.
    I have been craving sweets at night which is why I decided to try the leptin reset. I was eating primally before this so I'm not sure why I'm so tired all of a sudden.
    I'm not pregnant.
    My stats: 4'9", 160pounds, was hoping to lose at least 40 pounds but I don't have a goal date since I've been losing weight extremely slowly - SO slowly that it doesn't seem to matter what I eat or do for exercise, the fat is just being stubborn apparently. I was really hoping doing Atkins then primal then the leptin reset would make me lose weight faster but we'll see how the reset goes.
    breakfast yesterday - reset day 1 was a 4 egg omelette with steak in it. I could barely eat half of it, I actually felt so sick I wanted to stop eating, not sure if it was from eating too much?
    Ended up not eating until dinner I think because I just don't think about eating and whenever I do feel hungry, I drink water first because I've also been dehydrated lately for some reason, and then eat if I'm still hungry.Dinner last night was chili with veal, ground turkey, steak, and bell peppers in it (one word. AWESOME.). I had a small bowl and felt full, really ate it just to try it.
    breakfast today:leftover chili with 4 over easy eggs on top - freakin delicious but was really hard to eat it all. felt sick after eating it, like i ate too much at once.

So I don't know if I'm supposed to be feeling all this? Anyone else try the reset with similar effects? I don't like eating so much in the morning, it's been a challenge to eat within 30 mins of waking since I always tend to the baby first. Today I felt hungry so I had a high fat smoothie, shoulda put eggs in it but totally spaced it =(

So if anyone could give some insight, it would be really helpful. I've been doing primal for a few months now but I really don't feel any better than when I started. I'm still exhausted, still fat but losing extremely slowly like way slower than I have ever heard of on primal, still don't sleep well. Starting to think I should just stop eating since I'm hating food and all that goes with it like cooking. Ugg. It all feels like one huge chore to me. I almost have a feeling like just eating vegetables would make me feel better, but the big ass breakfast is really getting to me already. Like way too much at once
    Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
    - 1/12 - 171.4
    - 07/12 - 160&got pregnant!
    - 11/12 - 150ish
    Losing fat but gaining baby? WOO!
    Goal - healthy, happy baby and happy mama!

By the way, I really think the only reason I lost weight recently was because of SakuraCon where I would walk all day and barely ate anything. Now, back to real life, I don't have the time to just dedicate to walking.
    Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
    - 1/12 - 171.4
    - 11/12 - 150ish

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I am not convinced about the reset, forcing yourself to eat just seems so wrong to me. I spent many years doing this, and now if I don't need to eat I don't.
    I am guessing its because you are just too full? But someone else may have another useful suggestion.
    Good luck with it all

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    My opinion why you're feeling terrible - Because you're taking a gamble with you're health experimenting with a Jack kruse inspired zero carb pseudo-diet. I would suggest going back to a more balanced and flexible primal diet.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 04-18-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Pregnant?
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Quote Originally Posted by lolawolf View Post
    I'm not pregnant.

I took a pregnancy test the other day to be sure, but it said negative. Not as accurate when I hear stories about tests coming up negative when they really were pregnant lol It would be quite the blessing but I don't think I can emotionally handle my weight and 2 babies lol
    I wanted to let everyone know that I have lost inches. Not so much weight, but definitely inches. Last time I measured was in March some time and my bust was 43 and my waist was 37 now my bust is 40.5 and my waist is 35! Hip measurement hasn't changed, but I know my butt must be getting smaller because all of my pants are really baggy in the back lol
    Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
    - 1/12 - 171.4
    - 11/12 - 150ish

dont worry about the scales then the same thing is happening to me.
    But feeling sick and tired is a concern. Id just eat when hungry. If you can't eat more don't force yourself, and see if that helps

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    dont worry about the scales then the same thing is happening to me.
    But feeling sick and tired is a concern. Id just eat when hungry. If you can't eat more don't force yourself, and see if that helps
    This...
    You are 4'9"... I don't care what Kruse says, YOU don't need to force down the same breakfast as someone a foot taller. EVER. For any reason.
    Eat until you are satisfied. If the large protein breakfast works once you back off of the amount a bit, great. Or you can just cill and IF lake many others here do by skipping breakfast and/or lunch (IF/when it is comfortable to do so) and eat a good sized early dinner.

IMO making yourself sick with food is 100% the opposite of what Primal is about. Eat healthy foods... I lose weight like cold molasses flows too. I didn't gain it fast, I'm OK with losing it slow too. It's a journey, not a destination.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Agreed, you shouldn't be feeling sick and with a new baby you shouldn't need to be worrying about that on top of everything else. You may want to read - She-groks only cuz its different for us and see you aren't alone. Dr Kruse leptin reset (in my humble opinion) is really aimed at obese people whos bodies are so screwed they don't recognise the hormones they are supposed to and I don't see too much of a difference between that and Atkins diet to be honest and I don't think it works for women too well.

You should feel invigorated and energetic and hungry naturally, not forcing food down your throat because someone says so! I know its frustrating when you are trying to loose baby weight, you don't say how old baby is? but if you are still breast feeding your body may be more resistant to holding onto weight? it took me a about 6 months to get back to pre-pregnancy weight and unlike people kept telling me, my weight didn't 'melt away' because I was breast feeding either!

Give yourself some time, as Cori93437 says its a journey and for each of us its different. The most important thing is your health and that is what the Primal diet is about, for most people coming off the SAD they do lose weight but for some who probably ate 'healthy' prior to Primal, the weight doesn't just 'slip off' at all.

If you are craving sweet things in the evening and I do, depending on what time of the month it is, then eat something primal, there are a lot of good recipes in the recipe section, it will take a while for your sweet tooth to subside and sometimes you just need to tough that one out!
    Last edited by badbunny; 04-19-2012 at 12:23 AM.
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast