Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: grain free page

fiercehunter is offline Banned

Question grain free

Primal Fuel
    I've done 21 days without grains which was hard back in the fall. Wondering what is the longest some of you have gone without grains; I think I cheat too often. In general, how often do you eat grains?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Every day. Mmm, oatmeal.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    Rice, once a month. Every other grain, never.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    I've done 21 days without grains which was hard back in the fall. Wondering what is the longest some of you have gone without grains; I think I cheat too often. In general, how often do you eat grains?
    you've got to be f-ing kidding me. with all your absolutely crazy advice to people on here, and the carbs in winter = death bit, the longest you've been without grains is 21 days? and you cheat often? shocking.

stop worrying about what month you should be allowed to have a banana, and quit eating grains. unreal...

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    What Jakey said ^^^.
    And.....
    I've had grains once since Christmas... that was a bit of crust on cheese cake when celebrating a Birthday with family. If I had made it myself it would have been a nut crust because I prefer the flavor, But that has PUFAs sooo... it's a wash. And no big deal.

Grains are the easy part to avoid IMO. It really isn't a problem.
    Last edited by cori93437; 04-18-2012 at 09:21 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

primalkyle is offline Senior Member
    +1 to jakey...that's crazy!

@lex is offline Senior Member
    I ate a granola bar the other day, so I'm royally fucked now.

In all honesty, I don't bother tracking, it isn't worth my time. I just cut bread, pasta, and so on out of my regular diet and the number drops dramatically, so I'm not going to bother making note of the occasional bits here and there.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I tad a massive sugar craving tonight and cheated with, among other things, a bowlful of cereal, but it's my first bit of grain and refined sugar in over 2 weeks, and it's not going to kill me. I wouldn't sweat it. There's more to life than stressing over a bit of food when one's health is fine.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

AngloPaleo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by @lex View Post
    In all honesty, I don't bother tracking, it isn't worth my time. I just cut bread, pasta, and so on out of my regular diet and the number drops dramatically, so I'm not going to bother making note of the occasional bits here and there.
    Ditto.

I've had small quantities (a few good quality cookies) every 10 days, maybe.

My biggest break from the diet was eating a pizza and a lot of bread over a short holiday -that had me feeling pretty bad for a few days, but a little bit every now and then is fine. I am healthy, not overweight and never get extreme reactions like "OMG the moment the oreo touched my tongue I fainted, threw up, and had explosive diarrhoea all over myself".

I know it can become a slippery slope, but I have been feeling and doing pretty well, and the reduction in my grain and sugar intake is probably still 50-fold.

activia is offline Senior Member
    The last time I remember was on our Valentine's day dinner (not counting rice which i eat on purpose after a workout). I do not personally find it challenging to avoid grains anymore. I don't count the days between when I have them... I dont obsess period. It's all just habit now.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast