Thread: Primal Journal (ssdraper) page

ssdraper is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (ssdraper)

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone!

I bought The Primal Blueprint back in April of last year but never fully implemented many of the points in the book. My fiancee and I tried Atkins last summer and lost quite a bit of weight, but once we went off the diet we gained it all back! When Mark posted the 'In the Making' challenge at the first of the year I decided to give this a shot!

I started at 198.8 pounds and I'm only 5'7". I can't always eat grass fed beef but just eating less than 100 g of carb a day has resulted in impressive results! By the end of January, I had lost around 6 pounds. But, there's always excuses, like my birthday and a wedding and trips back home where you just have to have a favorite meal. By April 1st I was back at 198 pounds! But, I'm pleased to announce that with a very serious refresh at the beginning of April I'm all the way down to 189.2 pounds as of last Saturday. I have been doing some exercise. I try to do pushups or squats every hour at work so I don't sit for 3 hours at a time (desk job). And my fiancee and I are trying to do daily walks around the apartment complex with our Pembroke Welsh Corgi, CJ!

The hardest thing for me is giving up ice cream! I could eat it everyday all day probably. I love dark chocolate, though, so I eat it almost daily!

My ultimate goal at the beginning of all this was to lose 30 pounds by our wedding on July 28th. I figured 7 months should be plenty of time! Unfortunately, I've wasted 3 of them. But, I'm off to a strong start and I hope to be under 180 by the end of May.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Hey! You can do it.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

ssdraper is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Got on the scale last night and I'm down to 186.6 pounds! I'm not having too much trouble sticking to no grains. I love being able to eat dark chocolate. It's a great snack! I bought Paleo Comfort Foods and even though I've only tried a few recipes they are awesome. I can't wait to try out a bunch more! My fiancee and I have our wedding shower this weekend. I know there's gonna be a ton of stuff there I can't eat! But, they are gonna have a fruit and vegetable tray so I should be able to stay away from the bad stuff.

I've added another goal: I want to be able to do a pull-up/chin-up by the wedding. I've never been able to do a pull-up, but 2 summers ago I had worked out enough to manage a chin-up.