Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whole Foods Yogurt Purchase page

bdfink is offline Member

Whole Foods Yogurt Purchase

Primal Fuel
    I wanted to get your thoughts on Seven Stars Farm Original Plain Organic Yogurt.

I am looking for ways to increase my carb intake as I am increasing my training volume for my upcoming race season. Most of the reading that Iíve done has lead me to believe that Greek style yogurt with fat is most beneficial.

I spent a good amount of time in the Whole Foods dairy section. The majority of the Greek style yogurt that I came across was 0% fat or low fat. I chose the Seven Stars variety as it is USDA organic, with acidophilus and bifidus, also I thought the calories from Fat statistics may be beneficial as well.

Anyone out there with a little more experience want to give their opinion on this? Or make suggestions for different brands to try? Thank you!!

plain.gif

mmack66 is offline Member
    Never tried the Seven Stars yogurt, but I usually buy Fage full fat greek yogurt, though it isn't organic or anything.

dbalch is offline Senior Member
    I buy their goat yogurt. It's negatives are that it is pasteurized and they use tapioca as a thickener. And it's twice as expensive as cow's yogurt. Most of my dairy intake comes from raw goat milk that I make kefir out of. This is better than store bought yogurt.

I avoid cow's milk. Not that I think it's really bad for you, I just don't consider it as primal food so I try to limit my intake. Goat milk is said to be much easier to digest and if you kefir it, then it's that much easier still. It's a good food for gut health so I think it's a positive addition to diet even if Grok didn't drink it.

I've had Seven Stars whole milk plain and liked it. Also seems as though they use good methods of raising their animals. I add a little local raw honey and some berries, done.

My wife isn't a fan as it's a little thinner than some yogurts, so there's that. She doesn't like Greek, she likes Stonyfield, so it's thinner than that.

morganpmiller is offline Senior Member
    Their healthiest yogurt is Erivan. Some Whlfds also have Hawthorne Valley, another amazing yogurt. Both are better than Seven Stars. Seven Stars is good though, better than most.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    If you have a Trader Joe's, they sell a pretty good full fat Greek yogurt for cheap.

I dunno about Trader Joe's, though. I've started to grow suspicious of them. Sometimes things are too cheap, like a good sized block of raw milk cheese for $3.50 or so. Probably not grassfed...
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

bdfink is offline Member
    Thanks for the input so far! Here is what I have so far:

Fage Full Fat Greek Yogurt
    Goat Yogurt
    Erivan
    Trader Joe's has Full Fat Greek yogurt

Keep the suggestions or input regarding Seven Farms coming if you still have it. Thanks again!

KatieCHI is offline Member
    I get the Brown Cow brand at Whole Foods (plain kind only) -- about their cows here: The Brown Cow Difference | browncowfarm.com

daveforshee is offline Junior Member
    I have to butt in here and suggest Fage as well. It has 9 grams of carbs in a 227 gram serving.

bdfink is offline Member
    I've found the jackpot. Anyone looking for a high fat Greek yogurt, try this guy out.

Greek Gods Yogurt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast