Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone else on Autoimmune Protocol? page 4

meggo2002 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    glad I found this! I am on AIP for Hidradenitis Suppurativa. I have had great success, although I do eat eggs which do not seem to bother me. For me, the nightshades affect me the most. No potatoes or tomatoes ever again. Which is so sad, because I used to eat tomatoes whole, like an apple. It can be difficult at times, but I have modified many recipes and they taste just as delicious!
    Meggo

Williamssen is offline Member
    I also use the AIP for Hidradenitis Suppurativa. Its been great so far. Took about 3 weeks to initially start to really see results. I have been able to add coffee back into my diet with no negative effects as long as I keep it to one or two cups a day. Eggs and alcohol have been proven to be problematic for me which sucks because I love them both. I use my crockpot for most of my meals (usually chicken/ beef with carrots and onions) by cooking several days worth of food at once time. This is my diet 5 or 6 days a week-
    B-Juice (carrot, ginger, cucumber, gelatin), Coffee with coconut oil
    PWO-Can of sardines/salmon and banana
    L-Chicken/ beef dish
    D-Chicken/ beef dish, frozen vegetables w/coconut oil, sweet potato w/coconut oil, banana or grapefruit

I try not to snack but if I do its usually a banana or grapefruit….. sometimes a can of sardines. I highly recommend Tara Grant's book The Hidden Plague and paleomom.com for info on AIP.

kirdenlynx is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've recently began AIP while also incorporating low FODMAPS. Its been pretty difficult, but I feel a little better. I've been limiting myself a good bit because there seems to be multiple lists of "acceptable" foods while using low FODMAPS. A staple has become beet and sweet potato hash with the beet greens, a cut of grass fed or pastured meat, and a glass of water for breakfast, cold avacadosoup or grilled fish and a salad for lunch, and a stew, heavy meat, or bone broth (depending on hunger) fo dinner. I'd love to add more, but i'm still learning these protocols.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234