Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Words cant even explain...but I will try! page

drozhenbane is offline Junior Member

Words cant even explain...but I will try!

Shop Now
    My name is Droz...

I found the paleo diet, rather on a whim and without any real desire to lose weight.
    I have been sick for years, Obese, Hypertension, IBS, chronic heartburn, low energy, depression, low sex drive and other problems. These problems manifested themselves at a very early age, in fact by age 12 I was taking antacids on a daily basis. I could not even eat ketchup without feeling the burn.

Fast forward many more years later, and many changes in my life. I weighed 315 pounds on the happiest day of my life... My wedding day. I have always called my self "The Fatman" affectionately, because I know people like funny fat guys! Some may not agree with that statement but my confidence in myself mixed with my sense of humor is what allowed me to hook my wife. She always tells me she loves me, because I can always make her laugh. For the record, she is substantially smaller than me. In fact my chances of dating a hot chick in high school, was closer to discovering cold fusion, than going to prom with the smoking hot chick. So I consider myself more than blessed.

The medical problems only got worse as time went on and by age 27 I was on 2 very strong hypertension medications, Omeprazole, and my doctor was considering a statin drug to lower my cholesterol. The medications I was given cost so much money, I even considered just to stop taking them and just die.

I dont actually remember how I found the paleo diet... I think I saw some story on yahoo or something and once I read about it I was skeptical. I actually ordered Rob Wolfs book, and decided to do the 30 day challenge. While I was on week one, a co-worker of mine told me about marks site and I have found the success stories to be my motivation not to give up. So I decided to share my own...

For those that like stats...
    Before paleo...

Weight 280(Lost 35 pounds over 4 years using CW)
    Height 6 foot
    Male
    BP 189/113 un-medicated
    BP 137/101 medicated
    Waist 58
    Shirt XXL-XXXL

My 30 day challenge stats...
    Weight 258
    Height 6 foot
    Male
    BP 121/83 un-medicated
    Waist 40
    Shirt ??? Not sure... I havent bought anymore yet!

Summary:
    22 pounds lighter, off all medications, lost 18 inches off my waist line! I have achieved almost as much in 30 days, than I achieved with 4 years of torture(not fun) on CW. If you count the medications, I am worlds ahead of CW in terms of health. IBS... gone. Heartburn... gone. Hypertension... not a problem.

Testimonial:
    If you are even thinking for a moment, whether this diet works... Well dont! Do yourself a favor, try it for 30 days, then make a logical and informed decision on your own. I would post before and after photos, but I am still too shy to do so. Maybe later I will... In the meantime, I am very proud of myself and my wife pokes fun at me when I wear my clothes. She says I look like a gang member, because my pants are so baggy. I had to drill 2 new holes in my belt to keep my pants from falling off. I know I need to buy new pants, but money is tight right now and I have no idea how much more weight I am going to lose. Plus my old pants serve as a reminder everyday, that I am not the fat man anymore and I still got a ways to go yet.

Even though it wasnt marks book that lead me here, I still want to thank Mark and the other members of the paleo community for literally saving my life. Friends and family can not believe the transformation I have undergone. The whole experience is beyond words, its so surreal, that I cant even summarize it well enough. Needless to say, I had my doubts about paleo, but 30 days opened my eyes, and I cant look back.

fatman.jpg
    That is me at 315 pounds, no that is not my wife in the picture, that is my two awesome step daughters!

paleoman.jpg
    THAT IS ME! 67 lbs lighter! Teaching my youngest daughter, how to fish. Man boobs are gone... Beer belly... not existant... still drug free!
    Last edited by drozhenbane; 05-12-2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: added picture

Dave Mayo is offline Senior Member
    Pics would be great! I would love to link to your thread, I am starting a 30 day paleo challenge and would like a few more peeps. Pics would certainly get them going.

Congrats on your success, I remember when I first started how everything changed, and I haven't even gotten a cold since (1.5 years).

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations, it's so good to hear your story.

Wish you and you wife a long and healthy life together

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    There is nothing more satisfying than having to drill new holes in a belt because its too big!

Keep it going, and well done!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Seriously, seriously awesome

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    There is nothing more satisfying than having to drill new holes in a belt because its too big!

Keep it going, and well done!
    I hear you, I still wear my belt as a badge of honor, my wife keeps telling me to buy a new one, but I like seeing it wrapping around to my left hip, makes me feel better.

Thank you all so much for the kind words. It is the awesome support on this forum, that keeps me coming back! I promise I will post pictures, I just need to get past my shyness. I know that if I post them on the internet, some idiot is gonna take them and make a "What a lard ass" Meme on failblog. On the flipside of the coin, maybe I can save someone's life too... Just maybe someone will see my story, and say to themselves "You know what, that guy is just like me, and he did it... Why can't I?". I will have to wait till my wife gets home to post a after picture, but I will put up a before pic.

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    CONGRATS .. keeep the push alive. .. i started heavier than you ... and ive done great .. i will never live another way!

KEEP IT UP!
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Nice one man. Congratulations on finding a way that works.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast