Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low carb Pizza (MEATZA) sauce page 2

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Just an addendum to Andrea's suggestion: pesto contains cheese (usually parmesan and fontina), so if you're off dairy it may not be a wise choice. But it is delicious!

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Man, I just have to say that Meatza last night was AWESOME!!! It compares to a steak, in my opinion. Mine came out PERFECT! Talk about a filling meal.. Must of eaten a quarter of that thing! I followed this recipe exactly: http://www.justinowings.com/b/index..../meatza-meatza . . Except cooked the meat a little longer initially. Make sure it's fairly flat to ensure even cooking, mine was a little undercooked on the top..Oops!

Steve-O is offline Senior Member

Also made Meatza last night. Used ground chicken mixed with an egg as the crust. Very stable. Plus the white meat looks and feels exactly like regular pizza crust.

Not sure how you define low carb, but we just used straight crushed tomatoes. Only 12 grams of carbs. And since it spreads thin, we didn't use much at all.

Kryz is offline Junior Member

Just bought a big thing of ground beef. Meatza will occur within a few days.

AndreaC is offline Member

Pesto only has cheese in it if you put it there.

I use pine nuts to make it a little creamier, but I don't think you need much more than basil, oil and garlic.

Personally, I've never made a beef meatza. I'm with Steve-O; I'm a big fan of chicken thighs, they seem to have the right amount of fat. And if you make the crust just over 1/8" thick, you can pick it up and eat it like regular pizza.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12