Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Twelve Percent page 4

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Redguy View Post
    My transformation has stalled. I've gone from "fat" to "not fat". I want to continue on to "fit". It is nice to know that's not an idealistic pipe dream.
    Yes!

Similar starting point - 6'2" 310 pounds - and I'm now on the cusp of being "not fat". Like you, it's NOT enough for me - I want to be as fit as a 40+ year old can reasonably be, without making it a full time job.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I just pushed the like button.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Redguy is offline Junior Member
    Today was my 2nd measurement. I think I dropped 2 inches. I'm at 36.5 from 38.5. I'm shocked. I was expecting something like 1/4 of an inch difference. I would have been thrilled with 1/2 and inch. Two inches makes me think I did something wrong the first time, but I know I didn't. So I'll just be happy I guess.

That puts me at 21% (ish).

I'd only planned on posting here when I measure myself. But I need somewhere to put my thoughts on this process. My wife has told me that I'm "obsessed" with fitness. So I'm not going to be talking to her about it anymore. I thought I'd start putting my thoughts here instead. I'm far from obsessed. She just doesn't find health and fitness as compelling as I do.

I've been reading The Primal Blueprint. I finally got to the chapter where Mark lays out the dietary recommendations. I decided to use FitDay to see how my diet stacks up. I want to be sure that I'm eating enough. It's only been 1 1/2 days since I starting tracking it, so there's not enough data yet. I think I'll track it for 5 days and get my daily averages. I'm really not interested in tracking things long term.

I'll post here with the final numbers.

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    I can't wait to hear how you are doing with this. I am about to embark on a new phase myself. I went and bought the electronic fat meter on Amazon this week. I know it is not the most accurate, but if you use it at the same time of day, first thing at least you will have a reference point. I started out at 370, my goal is to make it to 15% body fat. Funny thing, that will but me at 260 lbs, still obese in CW land.

Rosencrantz1 is offline Senior Member
    front.jpgphoto.jpgRedguy, I definitely think leangains-style IF will be a big help to you. I was always healthy, in shape, at a good weight, blah blah blah, but when I started the combo of PB and IF, everything dialed in for me, and quickly. Within the first three-four weeks of being primal and IFing, I hit 153lbs and about 11% BF +/- 1% (based on both an inaccurate but consistant BF scale and non-caliper measurements). I've maintained my weight more or less effortlessly since the beginning of August.

I'm 41 y.o./M/5'10/153#

I also only work out about 3 - 3.5 hours a week, maybe 4 hours on a REALLY big work-out week, but that's it (and that's total gym time, from walking in to walking out.) I do Enter the Kettlebell with a 24kg bell, the Rite of Passage program, three days a week, and a variety workout (usually on a TRX, and some jumprope) two days a week. My KB days are usually 45-50 minutes, and my TRX days are usually 25-30 minutes.

Best of luck to you!
    Last edited by Rosencrantz1; 05-11-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: a couple of pics

That is cool Rosencrantz, I am about to bump up my kettlebell to the Rite of passage with some Viking Warrior thrown in....

Rosencrantz1 is offline Senior Member
    What size bell do you use, TorMag?

If got, 25, 35 and 50 lb bells. I use the 50 for my swings, been using the 35 for everythign else....

Quote Originally Posted by Rosencrantz1 View Post
    ]Redguy, I definitely think leangains-style IF will be a big help to you. I was always healthy, in shape, at a good weight, blah blah blah, but when I started the combo of PB and IF, everything dialed in for me, and quickly. Within the first three-four weeks of being primal and IFing, I hit 153lbs and about 11% BF +/- 1% (based on both an inaccurate but consistant BF scale and non-caliper measurements). I've maintained my weight more or less effortlessly since the beginning of August.

I'm 41 y.o./M/5'10/153#

I also only work out about 3 - 3.5 hours a week, maybe 4 hours on a REALLY big work-out week, but that's it (and that's total gym time, from walking in to walking out.) I do Enter the Kettlebell with a 24kg bell, the Rite of Passage program, three days a week, and a variety workout (usually on a TRX, and some jumprope) two days a week. My KB days are usually 45-50 minutes, and my TRX days are usually 25-30 minutes.

Best of luck to you!
    Thanks! That's a big encouragement.

I said I post back with my actual numbers from Fitday. So here they are.

Avg Calories: 1759
    Avg Fat Cal: 1086 (122g)
    Avg Carb Cal: 159 (41g)
    Avg Prot Cal: 490 (116g)

According to the guidelines in The Primal Blueprint, I'm not getting enough carbs. I'm getting tad bit too much protein and I'm doing fine on fat. But my overall calories are too low. I'm "supposed" to be getting 2022ish calories per day. But I don't think I'm going to worry about that much.

There are two more weeks until my next measurement. We'll see if what I'm doing is still working by then.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast