Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Twelve Percent page 2

Redguy is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Everyone,

Your input means a lot to me.

It looks like the consensus is that my plan should work, though it will take a long time. I'm thinking it will take a year or so, which is fine with me. I'm not going to quit, in any case.

My gauge is going to be my waist measurement. I'd like to see measurable results every month or two. I measured myself at 38.5in two weeks ago. I'll do another measurement in a couple of weeks. I'm going for an eventual measurement of somewhere around 33, though the BF measurement is so imprecise that I'm not sure that 33in is realistic either.

If all I do is use them just before my workout, I might try the BCAAs. We'll see. I'm not subscribing to the illusion that I just need to x then y then z and I'll magically be love handle-less. I just want to be sure I have a reasonable plan with a reasonable expectation for success.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Also, I think basic whey powder provides almost as much BCAA as straight BCAA, and people say the straight stuff tastes nasty.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

For_Sparta is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Also, I think basic whey powder provides almost as much BCAA as straight BCAA, and people say the straight stuff tastes nasty.
    +1, BCAAs straight-up taste like ass and are don't mix in with water very well, in my experience.

mike_h is offline Senior Member
    First time I tried powder BCAA I was blown away by how bad they tasted. But I realized they take a lot more shaking to dissolve fully than what I'd done. More water and a lot more shaking and they were far more tolerable the second time.

Motorhead is offline Member
    I buy pure BCAAs from NOW Foods and mix with a little Crystal Light fruit punch in a blender. Using warm water helps to dissolve the BCAAs a little better. I did try it straight up and it's like drinking battery acid... horrible.
    SW on 10/1/11: 380lbs.
    CW 12/13/12: 315lbs. (Was under 300#, added some muscle :-) )
    GW: 10% B.F. 250lbs. - 275lbs. (6' 4" tall)

Redguy is offline Junior Member
    That must be why there don't seem to be any "chocolate" or "vanilla" flavored BCAA drinks. The acrid taste wouldn't be masked well with those. They all seem to be fruit flavored.

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    The point of straight BCAA's is to keep in the fasted state which you could be brought out of by taking protein supplements.

I just take the pill form, no bad taste for me.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Is there a canonical image of what 12% (and 6% and 8% and 15% and 20%) look like?

Been looking over the reports on what guys like Pitt (Troy, Fight Club) and Craig (Bond) had to do to build their bodies like that, and it goes waaaaaaaay beyond what is usually talked about on here. Trying to understand what a normal person with a normal job can reasonably be expected to achieve, without giving up their entire life.

Devain is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDub View Post
    Is there a canonical image of what 12% (and 6% and 8% and 15% and 20%) look like?
    I believe this has been posted here elsewhere: Leigh Peele Blog Archive Body Fat Pictures and Percentages
    Im not in this world to live up to your expectations and youre not in this world to live up to mine. ―Bruce Lee

2012: 01/17 238~34% | 03/17 215~28%| 5/17 196~24% | 8/22 188 ~20% (then I got lazy)
    2013: 1/27 190~20%

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Here's another...

A Body Fat Percent Picture Guide!

I guess my question is -- with a proper diet (Primal or otherwise), what is realisitically achievable for most people if they can dedicate a maximum of, say, 2 hours a week to the gym or track or wherever?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast