Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweet potato power page

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member

Sweet potato power

Shop Now
    Has anyone read this book?
    It looks pretty interesting and seems to have some good reviews on amazon. It's pretty expensive on ebay to get it shipped to Australia so I might wait until it gets stocked over here.

Amazon.com: Sweet Potato Power: Discover Your Personal Equation for Optimal Health (9781936608782): Ashley Tudor: Books

"If you want to look good, perform at your peak and be in tip-top shape, you must choose smart fuel for your body, not the processed "food" found on the shelves of every supermarket. Many have turned to Paleo and a low carb way of life to avoid the effects of these food impostors we were never designed to eat. Low carb diets, however, can leave you feeling as though you don't have enough gas in the tank.

Low carbs need to be smart carbs. Lucky for us, nature has given us the nutritious, delicious sweet potato. This super food gives all the benefits of other high energy foods with more nutrition and without spiking blood sugar. Plus, this humble tuber tastes great and is easily incorporated into your diet in seriously good ways.

Sweet Potato Power gives you the tools to run your own tests to determine the diet rules that work specifically for you and your unique biology. Through self experimentation you can cut through diet mumbo jumbo, and let science and your numbers speak for themselves to answer questions such as:

How many carbs should I eat to make me look, feel and perform at my best?
    What foods spike my blood sugar the most and make me fat?
    How do I eliminate craving?
    How can I avoid mental fogs and post-lunch energy slumps?
    How can I optimize my carbs with my athletic pursuits?
    How can I get fit without getting fat?
    What exercise is best for my body?
    How can my kids become the most delightful version of themselves?
    How can my doctor be a well-care provider instead of a sick-care provider?

Understanding a bit of science and incorporating new tools in your arsenal will make you an active participant in your health. Applying what you learn brings you closer to the ideal version of you. All of this and easy sweet potato recipes so you can incorporate this power food into your everyday lifeómaking Sweet Potato Power a force to be reckoned with!"

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Fishpond is good for books Sweet Potato Power Discover Your Personal Equation for Optimal Health - Fishpond.com.au its more expensive from here, but with the free shipping it could still be less.

Looks interesting.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    I am convinced that roots and tubers were a major part of Grok and Grokina's diet. But I would say, just experiment to see how they work for you. And Google for research instead of paying big bucks for a book.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i heard of this book recently from jimmy moore's blog, which i still read, mostly for the schadenfreude. dude is so trapped in his own myths, he keeps getting fatter and i laugh. i'm an asshole.

anyway, it sounds very interesting, but i haven't read it. i sure do eat a lot of sweet potatoes, though. i'm all for books that are low carb but don't define it as outright ketosis. i think low carbers need to take back 'low carb' from the keto crew. low carb should mean nothing more than deriving the majority of your calories from fat. that's it.

Haha. Poor old jimmy, bogged down in his own dogma. His interviews are always worth listening to though. I just read he started his own sweet potato experiment which I think he secretly wants to fail by the looks of things.
    I just ordered the book off ebay. I couldn't be bothered waiting and it seems like a worthy read.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    @forgotmylastusername give Free shipping worldwide on all books from The Book Depository a go, they ship worldwide for free.
    Their prices are usually more than eBay, but without the shipping you'll pay buying from eBay it often works out cheaper.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    If you have a Kindle from Amazon, its only £6.28! (sorry - dont know what that is in US Dollars).
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Thanks for the link Masabi. That's a really good price. I was 4 hours off saving $15, Oh well. There's some other really good priced books I might buy from that site. Nutritional and physical degeneration is a lot cheaper on that site than ebay.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Haha. Poor old jimmy, bogged down in his own dogma. His interviews are always worth listening to though. I just read he started his own sweet potato experiment which I think he secretly wants to fail by the looks of things.
    I just ordered the book off ebay. I couldn't be bothered waiting and it seems like a worthy read.
    He gave an honest account of his n=1 experiment on it. I don't think the man's bogged down in dogma, from what I'm encountering. Low carb is his schtick, so what?
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    i heard of this book recently from jimmy moore's blog, which i still read, mostly for the schadenfreude. dude is so trapped in his own myths, he keeps getting fatter and i laugh. i'm an asshole.

anyway, it sounds very interesting, but i haven't read it. i sure do eat a lot of sweet potatoes, though. i'm all for books that are low carb but don't define it as outright ketosis. i think low carbers need to take back 'low carb' from the keto crew. low carb should mean nothing more than deriving the majority of your calories from fat. that's it.
    Why should it be so narrowly defined? I eat low carb, by choice; and necessity. I happen to enjoy meat, and vegetables more than tubers. It doesn't mean I won't partake in eating them, at all. I just choose to eat them less.. I'm also for ketoadaptation. No one needs to reclaim definitions from anyone. If you want to redefine Primal, in YOUR image, fine.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast