I am a complete newbie around here. I have decided to give Primal Nutrition a try for the next month. My main goal is to increase my energy levels. I have suffered from chronic fatigue for many years, being forced to leave the work force as a result, and cut back on almost all my activities. While I originally scoffed at the idea of cutting out grains and dairy, I am now willing to consider that they might be part of my problem. Well, at least grains... I'm cutting back on dairy, but I do intend to eat Greek yogurt and a bit of cheese.

As for weight loss, I do want to lose another 20-25 pounds. I've lost 60 pounds over the last 2 1/2 years, primarily by going semi-vegetarian. My main motivation was to be healthier (I did not want to become a crippled, diabetic old lady) and to increase my energy levels. I figured it wouldn't cure the chronic fatigue, but the energy used hauling around all that excess weight would be free for more useful purposes. While losing the weight and getting the compliments has been very nice, and has helped, it hasn't helped as much with the fatigue as I had hoped. So after meeting a couple of people who have cut out grains and reported good results, and seeing Mark's book in stores, I started researching. I don't know if I'm entirely convinced, but I'm willing to give it a try.

The fitness program I will implement slowly and carefully. Chronic fatigue sufferers cannot push their endurance levels or they end up flat on their back, as I have experienced far too often. It has taken me a lot of trial and error to discover how much I can allow myself to do without crashing. For now I will mostly continue with my habit of taking walks or doing a little (a very little) of aerobic dancing when my body allows me to, and gradually try to incorporate more intense workouts. Wall pushups, here I come... LOL.

So, on day one I had sauteed veggies (onion, green pepper, tomato, and marinated artichoke) with two eggs and a bit of cheddar cheese. I'd call it an omelet, but I scrambled it because omelets are just too fussy for my patience levels. It was a very late breakfast - I have always preferred waiting until I was hungry to eat since my kids grew up and I didn't have to worry about their schedule. I had an apple for a snack a bit later, and will have some cabbage rolls out of the freezer for supper. I know, there's rice in there. I made them myself, so I know that the amount of rice is not excessive, and I really hate to throw out food. And I have never been good at abrupt changes. I have actually been really restricting my grain intake for the last couple of weeks in preparation for this, which was a further restriction from how much I had cut back on carbs for the weight loss.

I'll try to make further reports a little less wordy, but I thought I might as well introduce myself at the same time.