Page 46 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Judg) page 46

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Judg -- you sound a bit bue.............. its okay to vent a bit here. Its your journal - no need to apologize.

Heat drags me down to! If the temps get over 85 I'm a big limp noodle, and I don't sleep well in the heat either. I don't use the A/C until it gets up near 90 cuz I'm just too cheap! Today I'm using it cuz I needed to get this house cleaned up, and I just couldn't do it with the high temps.

I stopped taking my fish oil since I eat so much fish it hardly seems necessary - and I've never seen an improvement in my cholesterol while taking it. Sometimes I think all these supplements are just another thing we've been brain washed into believing we NEED or we'll surely die of malnourishment! There are a few that I know I need - the multi-vitamin, iron, calcium, B complex, D and the adrenal support that doc just gave me. Its a big expense for sure!

I hope you're feeling better, and I hope this heat wave ends for all of us! I can't imagine what fruit and veggies prices are going to do after all this dought and heat. It surely won't be good.

Have a good weekend - fun, but not to tiring!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Yep, sometimes I think - well, I can get to work, or I can go the hardware store, buy a hammer, and hit myself in the head with it - so far I have always chosen the former -
    You could always get a sledgehammer, relieve some stress and get a workout by swinging it around the yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Judg View Post
    We are in the middle of a heat wave and drought here, and I am getting worn down. We don't have A/C, so opening and closing windows at the right time and the positioning of fans is pretty important. But it makes it that much harder to sleep.
    I feel your pain on this one. We don't have A/C at my place either and were dealing with 100+ days. This week has been much milder, but we're back up to 95+ next week. One thing that was really nice was having frozen fruit (berries, cherries, apricots, bananas, etc), then blending really thick smoothies out of it. Consistency is almost like sorbet. It's very refreshing, but I can easily go overboard on the fruit carbs/fructose consumption. Will sometimes toss in a raw egg or two or coconut milk to help balance out the macronutrients a bit. My favorite lately though has been Cherries, lime juice, and couple pieces of dark chocolate. Fortunately we ran out of cherries after I made this three times, before it became a daily thing indulgence.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I can't imagine what fruit and veggies prices are going to do after all this dought and heat. It surely won't be good.
    Saw an article about corn prices possibly skyrocketing, which I didn't care much about. But honestly hadn't considered that it could really will impact things across the bored. Hopefully won't be too bad.
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Stay cool, Judg!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Judg, just catching up with your journal .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Judg, just catching up with your journal .
    We're still sleeping with our duvets, temperatures are nowhere near summer temps here . They said on the news it's been raining more these last 2 weeks than normally in a whole summer! Yesterday we didn't even reach 15C .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Hi Judg, haven't seen you around lately! Busy with the grandkids?

One problem with the grain/corn prices going up is that will mean great hardship for our brethren who live in the undeveloped world - the people who walk miles to market once a week, buy wheat, carry it back for miles, grind it themselves, cook it and subsist on it. Now I'm not made of money, and a modest rise in food prices might cause me to complain, but it won't lead to deprivation. It's easy to shrug and say, "I don't eat wheat and corn," but it's not that simple. There will be less food for the poorer people, not the middle-class ones.

Okay, I will get off my soapbox now.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Been 4 days since you've posted.............. you doing okay?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Hello? Prayers coming your way.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Judg, we miss you!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Judg --- you gone AWOL ??? 10 days........... I think a lot of people are missing you.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Page 46 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast