Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question regards carbs page

TedDK is offline Junior Member

Question regards carbs

Primal Fuel
    Hi All

Im new here and new to the Paleo.

I have read Robbs book, The primal blueprint and Dr Cordains book.
    But i have one simple question.
    You could eat all that you want from lean meat, vegetables, limit fruit and nuts and so on. But when it comes to weight loss i have seen recommendatons for only 100g off carbs pr day. Thats not much, thats just a handful or something og am i missing something here??

Thanks

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TedDK View Post
    Hi All

Im new here and new to the Paleo.

I have read Robbs book, The primal blueprint and Dr Cordains book.
    But i have one simple question.
    You could eat all that you want from lean meat, vegetables, limit fruit and nuts and so on. But when it comes to weight loss i have seen recommendatons for only 100g off carbs pr day. Thats not much, thats just a handful or something og am i missing something here??

Thanks
    Nope your not missing anything. Veggies, meat (ommit the "lean"), some fruits and nuts. 100g is actually quite a bit in that context.

activia is offline Senior Member
    100g is a lot when you aren't eating processed foods or grains. You can even include a couple pieces of fruit, TONS of veggies, and a sweet potato in that range.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Nope your not missing anything. Veggies, meat (ommit the "lean"), some fruits and nuts. 100g is actually quite a bit in that context.
    100g is one fruit :-S

Which one? Whole watermelon? Most portion sized fruits are like 20-30g (oranges and apples) and more than a few are in the sub 20g range...nectarines, berries and so on.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-17-2012 at 11:47 AM.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    A large (8 1/2"-9" +) banana is 30-40 grams of carbs. You can eat a shit ton of natural carb sources and still fall well below the standard SAD carb intake, all while getting your carbs from healthy sources instead of shit processed foods.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Which one? Whole watermelon? Most portion sized fruits are like 20-30g (oranges and apples) and more than a few are in the sub 20g range...nectarines, berries and so on.
    Are sorry now i see. Its not the weight off the fruit/veggie. Its the amount off carbs offcourse :-S

Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for the clearence.

Are sorry now i see. Its not the weight off the fruit/veggie. Its the amount off carbs offcourse :-S

Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for the clearence.
    No problemo...I eat a ton of veggies anyhow. There is nothing inherent to fruit that you NEED to eat a ton of it. I use it as a snack. It rarely (never) plays a major role in my actual meals. But, thats just how I do things.

No problemo...I eat a ton of veggies anyhow. There is nothing inherent to fruit that you NEED to eat a ton of it. I use it as a snack. It rarely (never) plays a major role in my actual meals. But, thats just how I do things.
    My primarry carb is veggie. Allmost never fruit. It was easier to explain my point with a piece off fruit :-)

Thanks for your help.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Fruit never makes up the bulk of my diet, but many types of fruit contain a lot of vitamins and minerals and other beneficial things. The fact that most can be eaten raw also makes them a good choice for someone wanting a quick bite or a snack.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast