Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Minxxa page 2

Minxxa is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

LOL Tara. My hubby bought one of those shorter ones to use. I think it was harder than he thought! it rained this weekend, so no yard work. My thought is I'm going to go across the street and see if either of the teenage boys would want to run a mower over the lawn real quick for me for a fast $30!

So I didn't really hop on this weekend. I'm really trying to cut back on being on the computer in the evenings and on the weekends. I did a lot of housework this weekend, some errands and then relaxed and read a bit. It was nice! :-) Did not go to gym to do weights :-( I woke up on Saturday and had a crick in my neck, which went down into my shoulder blade. So didn't feel like pushing max weight on top of that. I have to try to get to a massage this week to get it worked out. It's not uncommon for me, especially with all of the shoulder/chest stuff I've been doing in dance. I tend to get knots and if I don't get them worked out regularly something tweaks.

I did well on eating this weekend for the most part,but did have some wine :-(. Not that it's a bad thing, but I just don't think it's helpful when I'm in a weight-losing stage. Maintenance is probably fine.

Also it's that time of the month, so feel crampy and icky today. But will go to dance class anyway and I'm sure that will help, it always does!

I have scrambled eggs with onions and peppers and bacon for breakfast this morning (yum!). Not hungry yet, so saving it until I am. And then I have a BAS with a chicken leg and oil/vinegar dressing for lunch. Lately I don't really get hungry for breakfast until 10ish... and then don't want to eat lunch until 3ish. Throws off the lunch time for sure, but I think I'm okay with that. Works out for me on days with dance class, too, because then I have enough time between late lunch and class to not have food in my stomach. And then I can eat a small snack when I get home and be good to go.

I'm really trying to become much more intuitive with my eating and so far it's looking like two decent meals and one tiny snack is what I work best with.

I have my Dr. appointment tomorrow (the nutritionist/weight loss plan). The only part I have issues with is that they really press the eating every 3 hours thing. I may have to to start lying that I'm eating snacks to appease them. I still want to go because they do keep an eye on my other levels and I get to do the fancy test which shows my body fat % and lean muscle mass and water... so I can see progress. But at some point I may have to just give it up and be on my own.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow. And how does it always happen that my appointments are either the week before or during my time of the month?? The worst time to weight myself-- every time! LOL... sheesh..

"Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

Minxxa ---

Scythes ... I bought one of these:

http://www.scythesupply.com/

They are awesome. Light weight, cut like mad, you don't have to lean over and throw out your back. They give instructions on how to measure the person who will be using the scythe when you order it so that it is comfortable. When it arrives, you follow instructions and glue in the handles at angles comfortable for you.

Heartily recommended for jungle abatement out back. By the way, if it isn't actively raining but still wet from the rain, the scythe works better than ever. The grass can't slither out of the way as easily when it's wet. You just clean and dry off the blade when finished. It's not stainless.

Here's a video showing a 14-year-old girl using their scythe. I think she's the daughter of The Scythe Supply founder. Unfortunately, they used a few seconds of Bob Dylan in the background, and You Tube deleted the sound track. I sure wish I was as good with a scythe as she is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugSO54WKm8I

Damn, i wish I was that good too! Looks like great exercise.

Half the problem is we're moving within a couple of months. I'm not sure we'll have a yard, or if landscaping will be provided (it is quite often around these parts). So I just don't want to buy something I won't use! (I'm already going through stuff to get rid of during the move.)

Also, i'm not sure i can get a good even lawn with one of those. Hmmmmm... wonder about that.

"Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

So, very excited! I turned in my application for the MAC (Master of Arts, Counseling) program at National university last week, and got a call last night to schedule for the interview which is this Thursday. I should find out really soon after that if I'm in. The college is for adults who work mostly, two nights a week and a half saturday once a month. So I'm pretty sure I'll get in, but will be glad when the dealio is done. I'm trying to get it all squared away this month before hubby comes home, so I won't have to worry about it too much until I start school!

So breakfast yesterday was scrambled eggs and bacon. For lunch I had a salad with a chicken drumstick. Didn't finish, tho... wasn't too hungry. And just snacked for dinner.

I have my Dr. appointment this afternoon so we'll see if there's any progress. Last checkup my thyroid labs had gone up again, so we had to up my dose of meds... so not sure if there will BE any weight loss! I really want it, but I'm more concerned with getting my body back together and functioning properly.

After that I can go home and chill tonight, so going to cook up some veggies and make some meatballs to have for the rest of the week. Hoping to check out a couple of new recipes to add this weekend for some variety.

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

K, i feel a little better. So i went to my doc for my check on weight, etc. Up 3 pounds. BLYEAH!

It is that time of the month, so most likely it's water, but it just feels right now like nothing I do makes my body change. Ever since my thyroid started going whacko it's had a mind of it's own and it's frustrating!!!!!!!

It's been almost 6 years since I've been a decent weight. Since then my weight has slowly gone up or stayed put no matter what I do. Eat well, 1200-1400 calories, good food, walk every day, nothing. Sit on my ass, eat crap, no exercise, nothing.

I am really emotional right now, so I know it's hormones, LOL. But i have decided that I need to really batten down the hatches so to speak for a few weeks and see if I can make something happen.

So starting tomorrow I'm going to go back to logging my calories and posting every day. I'm also going to stop all dairy ('cept butter) and concentrate on just meats and veggies. I'm going to try to go VLC for a few weeks and see if that helps.

I'm also going to stop with the soda. You don't have to tell me it's awful, I realize that, it was my last holdout and Im done with it.

And lastly, I'm giving up my wine/alcohol, during the week for sure, and only 1-2 if I'm out with friends (which I don't do often enough for it to be a big problem).

I already do my dance classes 2x week for a total of three hours. I've been doing another dance class on Thursdays for an hour, which I may not do all of the time, but i'm going to try to do at least every other week (until I start school and at that point I won't have the time). I do sprints one day a week, and weights one day. So I'm just going to add in walking at lunch at work (I only get 30 minutes) at least 4 days a week. And I'm going to give a good try to getting out with the dog and walking a long walk/hike on the weekends, weather permitting.

So for now I'm having a glass of wine, LOL. I'm going to enjoy tonight and get back to work tomorrow. I did stop and get a rotisserie chicken from Henry's (just chicken)which was awesomeness. I have my breakfast/lunch ready for tomorrow. So Im going to relax tonight and go to bed early.

And start all over tomorrow!!

So Meals for the day so far:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with onion and bell pepper, 2 slices of bacon.

Calories: 361

Carbs: 5g

Fat: 33g

Protein 27g

Lunch: Big Ass Salad and a chicken drumstick

Calories: 500

Carbs: 23

Fat: 41

Protein: 13

So I'm thinking my breakfast needs a little avocado or something to up the calories/fat a bit and make sure I last 5-6 hours or so. But I'm happy with it otherwise.

When adding up lunch I realized that the dried cranberries I use (just a few tossed in) have way too many carbs. so I'll be saying goodbye to them. Without the cranberries the carbs drop to 11. I also need to add some more protein (I had run out of chicken earlier in the week, so only one drumstick on this salad instead of two or a breast or something.)

I'm happy with the calories, just want to trade some carbs for protein.

Dinner is planning to be more of my rotisserie chicken when I get home from dance class. If I eat my salad at around 2 or 2:30, then I won't be hungry until after I get home from class anyway. Plus then I don't have food in my belly while I'm trying to work out (doesn't work too well.)

First day out w/o soda. Drank two cups of green tea and sipping my water. Honestly, I know it's best, but I hate it, it sucks. So there. My tummy (and brain cells) will thank me though.

I have to go to bed early tonight, though, so I can get to work early (6:30 a.m yuck!!). I have my interview for my master's program at noon, so will be taking an extra long lunch.)

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Good luck tomorrow on your interview! And keep avoiding that diet soda, it really is THAT bad for you. Just keep reminding yourself of what a good thing you're doing for your body by quitting! Do you like other herbal teas? Sometimes that at least makes your drinks more interesting if you want something besides water, and if you want to avoid caffeine later in the day.

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Thanks Hannah! I'm sure the interview will be fine, I'm trying to prepare, but not panic!

I do have tons of teas. At home I have a cool cup with a strainer that fits into it for loose teas and I have some really nice jasmine pearls for that, and some roobios. It's just really doesn't hit the spot at all, but I'm drinking them anyway!

I think I'm just truly addicted. Just sucks, but I'll get over it. And it's wierd to be that way when i KNOW exactly how evil it is for your system.

Part of my issue, too, is psychological. It was tied to so much of what I do... going to run errands always began with a soda on the way out. So I have this psychological missing feeling when I don't do it. I know it'll get better with time, I'm just whiny about it now. :-)

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

With time you won't miss the soda. It takes a couple solid weeks to break a habit or establish a new one. Hang in there.

Your meals look satisfying enough to me. I tend to eat light for breakfast and lunch though.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

Fight the good fight, Minxxa!

Thanks for the link to the video about aspartame. What I gathered from it is that the methanol breakdown product from the aspartame turns into formaldehyde in your body, which then can't get rid of it, ever. It just has to store it, formaldehyde, like they embalm bodies in.

True, just a tiny little bit -- but every diet soda gives you a tiny bit more -- FOREVER??

How about a nice thermos of ginger tea with lemon? It's a lot more delicious than most of those herbal teas. Fresh ginger root, fresh lemon. Slice the ginger thin, dump in a pan, scrub off the lemon, slice it across the equator, squeeze it into the pan, then chop it in hunks, peel and all. No need to peel the ginger, either. Use a piece about as big as your thumb. Simmer on low heat for a few minutes, then strain off.

Good for aborting colds, as well, and for general malaise.

Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast