Page 165 of 167 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1664

Thread: Primal Journal - Minxxa

Shop Now
    So, went and got a B12 shot today. I take B12 sublingually but I've jsut been reading about how hard it is to get B12 in your system from supplements, so figured what the heck.

I broke down and got a chicken burrito yesterday... and I still feel like poo! I know better, but still, sometimes with all of the running around it's hard to find something to eat that's filling and not crap. But... won't do that again for a while.

I've been noticing all kinds of new muscles (and stronger muscles) from doing yoga. My arms, for one, are looking way more sculpted and less "big". They're not small by any means, but they just look less bulky (fat) and more muscular. Also, my abs, particularly my upper abs and my obliques are super strong. And my quads for sure, LOL. Crazy.

I'm pretty much comfy in my size 10 pants right now, which is good, but it means I need to shop because 90% of my work wardrobe is size 12 and many of them I can pull down without unbuttoning now. :-O

Ultimately I want to be down to an 8 eventually... which I think is doable for me as long as I keep eating well, keep the alcohol down and keep up the yoga. I think that all of the muscle I'm building from the yoga is truly helping my metabolism and for the first time in YEARS I really feel like my body is close to working the way it should. I have more energy, my appetite is good but not crazy-- it's just nice to feel normal again!

And I don't think there's any danger to falling off the wagon more than an occasional splurge, because I like the way I eat and I don't like to feel like poo! And also I really just don't crave a lot of that crap anymore, it kind of repulses me most of the time. I had a cookie on Monday (they had halloween cookies), and it was an oatmeal raisin cookie. And it was SOOOOOOO disgustingly sweet I only ate half and wondered what I used to love about them...

I could use some more excitement in my meals though. Once I'm not in school (2-1/2 more weeks!!!) I can maybe try to cook a little more and differently than I have been since I'll have more time. Hopefully. We're looking to buy a house, so that might change things!!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Wow - house hunting! That's exciting! Are you moving to a new area or just want a new place?

I am seriously impressed with your muscle-tone. I think one of the most awesome things about getting fit is starting to notice those changes. I have been seeing some awesome muscle definition since I started lifting regularly, unfortunately I have a lot of loose flesh still that's going to take a while to bounce back after losing 45lbs this year. It's getting better though, sloooowly but surely. I guess I should prepare myself for the fact that I'll always be a little 'loose.' After all I was over 300lbs once and I'm no spring chicken any more. Still at least my tummy and boobs will be tight by the end of Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Wow - house hunting! That's exciting! Are you moving to a new area or just want a new place?

I am seriously impressed with your muscle-tone. I think one of the most awesome things about getting fit is starting to notice those changes. I have been seeing some awesome muscle definition since I started lifting regularly, unfortunately I have a lot of loose flesh still that's going to take a while to bounce back after losing 45lbs this year. It's getting better though, sloooowly but surely. I guess I should prepare myself for the fact that I'll always be a little 'loose.' After all I was over 300lbs once and I'm no spring chicken any more. Still at least my tummy and boobs will be tight by the end of Jan.
    Yeah, there's always something that doesn't quite bounce back, LOL. I guess that's what happens when ya get older! I guess I've been lucky that all of my weight gain with pregnancies (up to 196 lbs!) and with the thyroid stuff (up to 175) pounds didn't get as bad as it could have. Honestly the thyroid stuff was the worst, but everything's finally coming back down and working more efficiently which is nice to see.

It'll be interesting to see the after pics Em!

For me it's just wierd to see I guess because I can feel all of this strength where I haven't in a LONG time. Back when I danced I had some pretty decent muscle tone, but yoga's really hitting my arms and shoulders and upper back a lot more, so that's stuff I'm kind of new to seeing. Maybe this birthday won't be so bad after all. I think I'm going to go buy a new dress for the occasion...
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Minxy... youre so minxy! Congrats! you are doing awesome! So glad to hear
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Shop Now
    Thanks Manda!

I do miss being around here, but just been so busy, life changes and all that biz!!

I have to say that except for occasional alcohol, my diet is pretty much primal all the time. I have an "occasional" foray into some bread, but mostly it's just not my thing. I'm also doing my yoga 1-3 times a week (depends on my schedule and stuff), but I do average 2x week which I think is great! I just want to eventually add 30 minute walks most lunches during the week, and I think that's all I'll push to "schedule". Occasional downtown forays and hikes will just be gravy!

I'm pretty comfortably into a size 10, and my eye is on a size 8 at some point. Honestly I think the yoga is helping a lot with that as I'm building some major muscle all over. My legs are like rocks! Which I am proud of. I've been going steadily now since June of last year and it's the best thing I've done for myself. My guess is I have maybe 10 lbs (fat wise) to lose to be exactly where I want to be, but at this point I'm in not that big of a hurry to get there! I like slow and steady, I like where I am now, and I know if I just keep rockin' what I'm doing (which is manageable forever) I will get there eventually.

I do need to get into some other good primal recipes/cooking as I tend to stick with the same things all of the time and need to break it up some.

I'm applying to practicum positions for my degree-- two interviews in the next two weeks, and one maybe (still have to follow up on that one). I REALLY want the one I'm interviewing for today, and I'll tell you about it if I get it, LOL... but I know that something will work out. Other than that, just finished my last actual "class"-- so the practicum is all I have left to do and I'm officially graduated. Very excited about that!

I just have to say that although I'm not on here much, I do really appreciate all of the things I've learned from this site. I really have changed how I feel about food, how I think about what I put into my body, and that will last forever. Plus I met some pretty cool peeps, so I will always be here in a way!

K-- done catching up for now!