Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Equestrians page

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member

Primal Equestrians

Shop Now
    It seems like there are a lot of us here. Would love to see some pics of y'all with your horses and learn more about what you do with your horses. This is my horse. She is an OTTB and we just general purpose ride for fun.

Nikita Canters.jpg

Also, I'd love to know how you all fit riding into your exercise (I count mine as play) and what your favorite weight training exercises are to help with your riding. I need to strengthen my core to ride so do a lot of planks.

ConnieSB is offline Member
    Hi Magnolia, I love to ride! (I couldn't open your attachment) I trail ride for pleasure. I have 2 horses.Lady.jpgLucas.jpg

I live in Southern Ill, and ride mostly in the Shawnee National forest
    Last edited by ConnieSB; 04-17-2012 at 07:35 AM.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I have two horses, a Belgian and a paint x Percheron. I was a pro harness groom for many years, ran a big lay up and brood farm, can trim and shoe and all kinds of handy stuff.

Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

activia is offline Senior Member
    OK I'm very jealous now
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Connie- your attachments are pending as well. Elaine- your horses are gorgeous. I wish I could trim and shoe. LOL, I'm jealous of my horse's $80 a month shoe habit.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I miss riding! Its been way too long. Ah one day I guess. Id love to teach my boys to ride.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I'm currently between horses, but I started volunteering at a theraputic riding barn on their schooling team. I was hoping to shovel stalls and groom horses for class, but they're letting me actually work with the horses! I even got to break a ranch horse to ground-driving. The lady working with me insisted that I wouldn't be given a horse that didn't know how to drive. Pshaw. I know that bug-eyed "You are not supposed to be behind me!" look very well. Worked through it with several horses before this one!

Their horses have weight limits, so I'm limited to the biggest two. Gee, darn- a 15.2h draft cross that was showing Level 1 dressage in her last life and Levi. *swoony sigh* Big. Sweet. Dressage training. Now I just have to get over the fact that the second-to-last horse I injured myself coming off of was a draft cross.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    I have an AQHA mare coming in May (or June-we're still trying to get shipping figured out). I plan to do some shows and a lot of trail riding.

Lately I've been doing more weight lifting exercises but I really need to work on my core. I count horse-back riding as exercise

(I'm also using a thighmaster from the 80s, LOL I have no idea if it will help my seat but.... )
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I had a book- but I lost it- that was exercises for the rider. It had what to do and what it was used for. I think I lost it because I liked to lend it out- it was good!

Elaine- They're beautiful! Perch cross is my favorite draft cross. She looks a lot like the smaller draft cross I might be riding- just a slightly different paint palette
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    I really miss my horses - have had hacks, dressage, harness, bred Arabians an Welsh ponies, but it all stopped in the late 1990s when Mum & I could no longer manage the farm financially. I used to show (we went to Sydney Royal easter show every year from 1960 to 1984) and judge ponies, Arabians, Palominos and hack & riding classes and I use to judge the lower levels of dressage.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast