Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need lots of flavor...what are your fave seasoning blends/sauces? page 2

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I really like chaat masala, an Indian seasoning blend. You can buy it in Indian stores or if you have access to a good spice store, make it yourself using this recipe:
    Homemade: Chaat Masala | eCurry - The Recipe Blog
    This is awesome sprinkled copiously on chicken, shrimp or vegetables.
    Ooooo....I must find me some of this. It sounds yummy!
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Meatgrrrl is offline Senior Member
    On a different note, you could make a bone broth... Buy a load of cheap lamb bones and boil them in water. Strain out the bones and whilst the stock is warm, portion it out. I put some in containers to make soup, but I also freeze some in ice cube trays, which I can then add into whatever meat I'm cooking. Brings a delicious salty, gelatinous mouth feel to all ground beef and lamb which may be what you're looking for.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Chilli powder
    Paprika (sweet, smoked, whatever you can find)
    Sage
    Garlic powder
    Turmeric
    Garam masala
    Ginger
    Cumin
    Cardamom
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I keep my eyes open in the spices area of the store for combinations I like. Montreal steak spice is a must, so is Montreal chicken spice. Lately I've been using a lot of a divine garlic and roasted peppers spice mix. There's soone ingredients that aren't ideal, but it's a small part of something I use only a little of, so I just don't worry about it. I was recently introduced to Mrs. Dash and have to say, it adds some great flavour.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12