Thread: Does anyone else have a reaction to vegetable oils? page

Docter is offline Member

Does anyone else have a reaction to vegetable oils?

Shop Now
    The past two times I've eaten out at restaurants using vegetable oil I've experienced a sudden deep throat phlegm build up, increased sinus pressure (and eye tearing) along with mental fatigue and sleepiness... and I'm pretty sure it's the oils (it sure wasn't the grass-fed lamb or coconut milk).

I also get a gnarly taste on the back of my tongue when I eat something off... it's hard too explain but it tastes "dirty" as opposed to a "clean" mouth feel. Sometimes my mouth/tongue itches.

I get similar reactions when I eat dairy and wheat and soy... the primary culprits of the CW diet (although dairy is absolutely the worst for me).

Does anyone else get these reactions or am I just crazy and placebo-ing myself into hell?

Bron is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I get phlegmy when I eat takeaway chips.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I'm not sure if it depends on the amount used or the specific type, but they generally make me feel like shit. I get a stomach ache and start having some rather noticeable issues with phlegm and so on.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine