Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss my main goal, where can I cut corners...... page

limerickman is offline Junior Member

Weight Loss my main goal, where can I cut corners......

Primal Fuel
    Basically i have just started Paleo this week. But i'm working in New York and simply cant afford to stick strictly to the recommendations. Given that my main goal is weight loss where can i cut corners. Like grass feed meat from whole foods in Manhattan and organic eggs are very pricey. where can i cut corners and still loose weights? Thanks for any recommendations?
    Last edited by limerickman; 04-16-2012 at 07:01 PM.

limerickman is offline Junior Member
    SO for example would i be better off buying cheap eggs and getting grass fed meat or the other way around?

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    You can follow the PB without actually worrying about "quality" of food and still lose weight. In the long run however for your health consideration will have to be given to quality. If your going with CAFO meats eat leaner cuts and slap some butter on em for fat. Eat canned salmon (can get wild caught for like 2 bucks). Eat vegetables less likely to accumulate pesticides and crap or wash the heck out of them....check out this chart for this......The Whole9 Seasonal Produce Guide | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

Its pretty simple. Start by choosing Primal foods then as you get use to it start learning about quality and how to get hold of the good stuff.

I recommend spending the extra money for the good meat and eggs, while skimping on the produce using the chart above. Meats bio accumulate. Veggies....not so much.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Just get the crap meats and eggs and take some Omega 3 supplements. Spend your money on Kerrygold to slather on your vegetables. If you feel like a treat, the pastured eggs, if you can find the real thing, are absolutely wonderful. Sometimes I don't think grass-fed beef tastes that good and every meat market in town that sells it cuts too much fat off it anyway so what's the point? Pastured pork is to die for if you can find some with lots of fat on it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Abel123 is offline Junior Member
    Running is the best exercises because it helps you burn the calories,
    Walking, Sprinting and adding hills or an incline can burn 180 calories in 30 minutes,
    swimming is also good for burn weight and fat ...

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    If you can afford it, go for the good stuff, but for the rest of us 99%, it is not terrible to buy grain-fed meats and non-organic if that is all you can afford.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

chickenbackside is offline Senior Member
    No need to sweat the small details. Just make sure whatever you put in your mouth can be killed, plucked or dug up.

daveforshee is offline Junior Member
    I agree with everyone else. For the first couple months we (my girlfriend and I) were just getting accustomed to the lifestyle and buying what we could afford. Slowly we discovered better alternatives to meat and eggs at grocery stores. We now shop at a half a dozen local shops with very fair pricing on seafood and meat.

Another thing to consider is where you can cut corners in your life in order to put better food in your body. Cable and internet bills, cell phone bills, video games, espresso drinks, alcohol...the list goes on. There's money to be moved around if you really want to.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Try farmers markets for meats. The other thing... I can buy $17 a lb steaks. And I destroy them. I have found I enjoy ground beef more. I buy organic pastured chicken legs. Pork roasts. You can also find cheaper good eggs at markets. Also, for example, I used to spend $8-$10 4x a week on lunch. Now I spend $0 (IF). So that is extra money I can spend on better foods. For me, clean meats are pretty important due to animal care issues. So I buy the best I can find, where I know the conditions, but buy the cheapest cuts she has. I eat non-organic fruits and veggies. ,

But yeah, you will probably drop weight just buying supermarket product, but keep your eye on labels for additives. You may find the better you feel, the more you want to commit to eating clean.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Abel123 View Post
    Running is the best exercises because it helps you burn the calories,
    Walking, Sprinting and adding hills or an incline can burn 180 calories in 30 minutes,
    swimming is also good for burn weight and fat ...
    Running is NOT the best exercise. Not by a long shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast