Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Potatoes as my 20% page

Potatoes as my 20%

Primal Fuel
    I honestly can't give up pottatoes, my favorite meal since going primal is Sliced potatoes slow fried in a deep pat of butter with minced onions a fair amount of black pepper and ground beef, occasionally a few other veggies get tossed in, all done in a beautiful Cast Iron Skillet. If potatoes are my only 20% is it going to make a huge impact? I'm eating about a mid sized potato every other day for supper, aside from that it's really the only cheat I couldn't live without. Sweet Potatoes just don't give me the same taste that I crave.

Timthetaco Guest
    It won't make any impact. Root vegetables and tubers are fully "primal". Enjoy.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I've heard people try to justify a sandwich as their 20%.

If that's your 20%, you're going to do just fine.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Potatoes are absolutely not a cheat. They never have and they never will. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have dinner. It's pork loin braised in coconut milk, lime juice and fish sauce with roasted redskin potatoes.

I may have a slice of cheesecake for dessert. THAT is a cheat.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member
    There are some who say white potatoes, like russets, are not primal/paleo, but sweet potatoes and other root vegetables are. I never quite understood why one kind was acceptable and the other not.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    If you have a lot of weight to lose and don't see the loss your want, you may want to keep them to more like a once a week thing.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    One thing I've noticed is that, if you're paying attention at all, you can spot when foods just aren't working for you pretty quickly. You get moody, low energy, or you stop losing weight if you're trying. Then you just go back to basics hardcore and try something else.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    One thing I've noticed is that, if you're paying attention at all, you can spot when foods just aren't working for you pretty quickly. You get moody, low energy, or you stop losing weight if you're trying. Then you just go back to basics hardcore and try something else.
    GF's noticed a change in my weight since starting March First-(I haven't but the scale says otherwise) and I've been eating potatoes intermittently. I'm doing IF'ing at a 16/8 and I honestly haven't felt better in my life, the only problem is, I've got too much time and energy to kill with nothing to do XD

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    This is the part that is hard for me. Unfortunately I am weighing often due to challenges, so I am aware of my weight fluctuations, and it has gone up 2+ pounds since last Wednesday, and I am not sure if due to what I ate, or due to exercise ..... but I am trying to really pay attention so I can fine tune it. If I were weighing less often, I don't know if I could figure it out quick enough to associate it with a food. Maybe clothes or tape measure or something I guess.

Anyways, I am trying to pay attention to what food does what, and when.

Eric5105 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just at 3 sweet potatoes and 2 small white potatoes after my workout. Enjoy them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast