Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Why Is Primal The *right* Diet? page 8

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    If your digestion improves and you lose weight then it is the right diet.

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    hahaha I was joking.

And of course you think raw paleo is better, what else are you to believe now that you've niche'd the shit out of yourself?

/team NJ > PA
    yeah sorry for backlashing like that... weird mood I was in yesterday.
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

carlydelcarlo is offline Junior Member
    I would say until you have tried it, don't shoot it down! of course, there is a good balance for everyone. I have lost over 60 pounds using ALL SORTS of crazy diets and exercise plans but they all lead to low energy, strange feeling symptoms. I started Paleo/Primal eating 2 weeks ago and just simply feel better. It feels "right". But to each his own. My advice would be try first, then question. It's funny how your body adapts to a clean way of eating.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    If your digestion improves and you lose weight then it is the right diet.
    Yep agreed.
    But I also think that not having grains, or crappy processed foods is right for everyone. What you do with the rest of it, ie low carb, no eggs etc, is up to the individual to experiment and work out what is right.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    As a side note to Paleo-bunny's pesca-lacto-ovo... that's also how I understand that Mark Sisson's own wife does Primal. There is nothing wrong with it.

For fish, my single best piece of advice is this... find a "fish market".
    I know buy fresh, locally caught, wild fish from the Oriental supermarket near me. They have a HUGE fresh fish section. The fish are whole so that you can inspect them for dark red gills, fresh smell, and clear moist eyes. As long as you choose from the local species I think you are getting the best. I frequently buy local types of snapper and grouper. They also have FRESH (they keep it in filterd tanks in store, alive) farmed tilapia at ridiculously low prices... sometimes $1.99/lb whole. But it's farmed and I can afford the wild caught at $6-10/lb whole. At my market they will weigh it whole then clean it however you want... I personally prefer head on, scaled, fins trimmed. I Usually grill or steam it whole and dig in. So good!
    I do this. But I no longer live close to a Chinese supermarket, and it's a big pain to drive over just to grab fish that can last at most a few days in the fridge. I end up going once a week to buy a crapload of stuff, and eat the fresh fish the first few days, and my frozen meat afterward.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Yep agreed.
    But I also think that not having grains, or crappy processed foods is right for everyone. What you do with the rest of it, ie low carb, no eggs etc, is up to the individual to experiment and work out what is right.
    Here is the winning answer IMO.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Yep agreed.
    ^^^This^^^
    "Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I do this. But I no longer live close to a Chinese supermarket, and it's a big pain to drive over just to grab fish that can last at most a few days in the fridge. I end up going once a week to buy a crapload of stuff, and eat the fresh fish the first few days, and my frozen meat afterward.
    That's what I do as well. I buy one or two fish a week. And eat them the night of the trip/next day.
    But it's my best option for fresh...
    For other times during the week I find that some frozen fish options tastes better than others. Cod seems to handle freezing fairly well... but I don't eat it very often... every other week or so.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

That's what I do as well. I buy one or two fish a week. And eat them the night of the trip/next day.
    But it's my best option for fresh...
    For other times during the week I find that some frozen fish options tastes better than others. Cod seems to handle freezing fairly well... but I don't eat it very often... every other week or so.
    Heh, I couldn't handle only eating dairy and eggs for the remainder of the week, though. I'm picky about my fish being whole, fresh, recently gutted, and baked or steamed.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Heh, I couldn't handle only eating dairy and eggs for the remainder of the week, though. I'm picky about my fish being whole, fresh, recently gutted, and baked or steamed.
    I use the cod loin poached and served in Miso soup every couple of weeks to once a month... never cooked on it's own... Maybe that helps it. LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I use the cod loin poached and served in Miso soup every couple of weeks to once a month... never cooked on it's own... Maybe that helps it. LOL
    Hm, sounds promising. I will probably try that then.

Just pretty much all the fish I've eaten in the past were steamed and served whole. Not really used to anything else haha

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678