Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Is Primal The *right* Diet? page 3

willsplath is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I liked his reference to "every decade" having right diets, when asking a facetious question about the viability of a diet thousands of decades old (or at least informed by a diet thousands of decades old). Am I the only one who sees the irony? Good one, Mr. Troll.
    This just gets better and better!
    Is everyone troll happy or what?!

Yeah, the primal diet is thousands of decades old...
    But there are other cultures who have eaten vegan for thousands of decades too...

BTW...I'm a MRS.

willsplath is offline Junior Member
    Just a thank - you to those of you who were able to engage in a mature conversation with me...I found your posts helpful, at least for the time being. I talked with my husband tonight about this subject and though we "were" heading towards the possibility of eating vegetarian or vegan...we're going to post-pone that.

We're not totally primal right now, we still enjoy our brown rice and oatmeal, (and the naughty homemade pizza), but we have moved away from processed junk and also have cut *most* dairy and feel MUCH better for it.

mainly, I just want to feel good...whether the diet is *right* or not...and the positive feedback that some of you gave me was encouraging, thanks.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by willsplath View Post
    But there are other cultures who have eaten vegan for thousands of decades too...
    Name them.

VEGAN ones.

As in not singular.

More than one.

Large scale culture.

Go ahead.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by willsplath View Post
    Wow, really?
    If you're so secure with you diet, why do you sound so offended?
    )
    No.

Not "really".

What, are you some sort of idjit?

How can I "sound" offended?

This is an internet forum where I type things. I don't leave audio files here, so how do you know what I "sound" like?

You've only seen my typed words on a screen. The "sound" you're hearing is in your own head. Why does the voice in your head "sound so offended"?

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like you are honestly considering whether the paleo diet would work for you so will tell you my experience. For a little over a year and a half I ate 80% paleo. Then in January I started eating pretty much 100% paleo no grains of any sort. The difference was remarkable; I wasn't looking to loose weight but I lost 5 lbs. The big difference was in my joints and in my overall health, I sleep better (I just thought I was a light sleeper) and I have a lot more energy and at 51 that's a big deal. My body feels 20 years younger. My vegetarian friends that are around my age seem to have so many health problems, migraines, acid reflux, low energy and stiff joints to name a few. Like some one said earlier eat paleo for 30 days and make your own assessment.

Lillo is offline Member
    Wow. I just joined this forum and, well....I'm very impressed with the amount of information, but very turned-off by the lack of support. Honestly, its intimidating. What if I say something wrong and all of you jump all over me. Why is there such an "us against them" mentality? If I were a proponent of a lifestyle, (and I think I will be at the end of my 30 day "trial") I would be kind and inviting to those who venture forward to ask questions. Remember, you were once new, too.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Don't let MR. D. Friendly's posts taint your opinion of the forum, most people are supportive and full of good advice.

Time to crawl back into your hole now Darth.

miraculous is offline Junior Member
    I don't think so that primal is the right diet, every persons convenience differ from one another.
    Last edited by miraculous; 04-18-2012 at 09:56 PM.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    OP, there is a history of certain-vegan-banananananana-related-subsections-of-trolls....starting off with reasonable questions then going, well, bananas. Which is fine, whatever BUT then it causes confusion for newcomers when vastly different answers are given to queries.
    And Darth is.... Darth. You'll get used to him!

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Personally, I thought that in the context of the article when Mark wrote that he did so kind of tongue in cheek.. Of course he believes everyone would be better off if the ate more like the PB than SAD, but he also recognises that everyone is different.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast