Thread: Any pregnant primal ladies here, or former? page

HealthyGirl is offline Member

Any pregnant primal ladies here, or former?

Shop Now
    Just wondering what your experience was/is.
    I am NOT pregnant right now, but went primal a few weeks ago & hoping to be pregnant within a short while...

Just wondering how it fares while pregnant? I realize everyBODY is different...just thought I'd get some insight.

abbyful is offline Member
    I just posted very similar question on Odds and Ends, funny we were thinking the same thing at the same time!

I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant with my first. I've eaten mostly (about 75%) primal. I've had an incredibly easy pregnancy so far: no morning sickness, no nausea, no food cravings or aversions, no bloating/swelling, etc. I don't know if eating primal has make it easy, or if I'm just "lucky" and would have had it easy regardless of my diet.

HealthyGirl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abbyful View Post
    I just posted very similar question on Odds and Ends, funny we were thinking the same thing at the same time!

I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant with my first. I've eaten mostly (about 75%) primal. I've had an incredibly easy pregnancy so far: no morning sickness, no nausea, no food cravings or aversions, no bloating/swelling, etc. I don't know if eating primal has make it easy, or if I'm just "lucky" and would have had it easy regardless of my diet.
    Wow, good for you!!! Keep me posted of your progress
    CONGRATS!!!!

Karma is offline Senior Member
    My wife is at 13 weeks and eating a pretty primal diet. Cravings are starting though. She devoured a loaf of sourdough bread the other day. She's really on a dairy kick right now too. She is staying active, has no morning sickness and only gags when she brushes her teeth for some reason now. She burps A LOT. But she is also craving and therefore drinking a lot of San Pelligrino buble water lately too.

kimsaria is offline Junior Member
    My second pregnancy (still eating SAD), I was pre-hypertensive and pre-diabetic. BIG and TIRED.

My third (and best) pregnancy was primal. Ate everything in sight just like the first two (but grains were kept to a minimum and only gf grains when I did and very low sugar cheats). I gained 30lb instead of 50 like I did for the other two. Energy was the best. Health was the best.

Ended up having a c-section but was ready to go home the next day (standing upright and everything). They were floored, as this kind of recovery is unheard of... esp. in a 'senior' Mom (40/41 yrs old at the time). ;D

When I went into labour, I stopped eating 'hard' food and began eating my bone broth only. Brought tea, hard boiled eggs, bone broth, cheese and rice biscuits with me for afterward (hospital food is NOT healing food). Right after the baby, I had tea, broth and biscuits. Next day, I ate everything, eggs and all. Third day, I went home and began eating as I did before.

That child happens to be the healthiest and have the best skin colour of my three. His muscle tone is the best, he was never colicky... and so much more was better. I credit it all to the fact that I had been largely grain and sugar free. Of course, I have no proof... but it's what I believe.

I don't do dairy anymore... and if I was to have another, I would steer clear of that too. It is the one thing that made him spit up after he was born. That's the only different thing I would do... if I were to do it again... which I won't because I'm 46 this year and kind of enjoying having my body back to myself after so many years of being pregnant and nursing.