Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You guys were right page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

You guys were right

Shop Now
    So everybody has been telling me to eat more. From my parents to the doctor to my teachers and you guys. Today I have been telling everybody I was never full. So today I decided to just eat until I was full and count the calories to check how much it would take. I ate fat protein and carbs. So finally, after 2664 calories in one sitting (already had breakfast and lunch). I was definitely filled. Lol the last time I was actually full was like 2 years ago. At least I now know what it feels like. So you guys were right, I CAN be full. I doubt whether I should be eating like this everyday though (about 4-5000 calories). I really don't feel like eating anything for dinner tonight though

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Good for you! At your age, you can easily eat 4-5000 calories a day because you'll just end up with extra energy for all the fun things you like to do, plus grow taller and become a man. It'll put hair on your chest, as my dad used to say to me as a joke (it was a joke because I was just a little girl.)
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear it. I would advise you to stop counting the calories and eat until you're satiated.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

At your age, your not going to over eat. As I remember, your also doing strength training. IF anything your going to be adding more muscle. Glad to hear your upping the food. FORGET about counting calories. IF you think your having problems and gaining too much THEN add your calories. Just eat up!

billp is offline Senior Member
    I don't believe in caloires because I think measures of boiler efficiency and bomb strength don't tell you anything to say about human nutrition. But you kiddo can definitely eat until you are full. Anyway, its part of being a man, eating until you are full, whatever it takes.

What you want to be doing is instead of eating Paleo, do eating "Paleo-style". So, instead of never eating grains and eating VLC, just eat lots of meat, fat and veg but also eat also the other standard stuff too, just not only that all the time. Most of the people here spent their teenage years stuffing their faces with bread, pasta, sugar, HFCS and veg oil, and processed combinations of that. This screwed up lots of there metabolisms. So instead of eating like that, as all you contemporaries will be, just eat like that sometimes, and the rest of yourself stuff yourself, but with a bias towards stuffing yourself with good stuff. So, the priority is stuffing yourself with something, not actually if it Paleo compatible. That is just something to keep in mind for the long term and to tell you what to choose when there is a choice.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Good for you!! Teenage boys are known to be bottomless pits - so eat when you are hungry until you are not any more and don't worry about the amounts.

And remember that you do NOT need to be 100% primal. Enjoy time with your friends and family and eat what they eat. Just don't make it your whole diet like most teenagers do
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Yes, you can easily get away with 3-5000 cals a day, and it's a good thing!

If you don't consume enough, you won't grow in two important ways: 1. physical development (getting to your full height, muscle development, etc); and 2. sexual development (getting the right hormones for your body to grow and develop into the best and fullest expression of sexual adulthood for you).

I would think that those two things would be pretty important to you -- so just eat until you are satisfied and don't' worry about calories at all.

morganpmiller is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Glad to hear it. I would advise you to stop counting the calories and eat until you're satiated.
    Great advice

morganpmiller is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by healthyphysique View Post
    At your age, your not going to over eat. As I remember, your also doing strength training. IF anything your going to be adding more muscle. Glad to hear your upping the food. FORGET about counting calories. IF you think your having problems and gaining too much THEN add your calories. Just eat up!
    Not true about over eating. Even if a teen doesn't get fat from eating too much, there can be other issues. Over eating is not healthy at any age, no matter what body type you have. Drinking too much water is unhealthy. I don't think this is great advice and it can mislead a young impressionable teen.

And WTF is all this about muscle gaining??? Dude, just let the kid eat what he should, screw the muscle gaining at 14 years old. As long as he is developing as he should for his body type, he will be perfectly healthy.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I never ate as a kid. I was too busy with school, work or other extracurricular activities. But when I did eat, I ate huge. I remember going to Sonic and being able to eat an extra long coney covered in chili and cheese, an order of cheese tater tots and a large chocolate shake. Those were the days...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast