Thread: Last 10 - Count Macros/Calories? page

john_solo is offline Senior Member

Last 10 - Count Macros/Calories?

Shop Now
    Any tips for dropping the last 10 pounds? I have fluctuated between 208 and 212 for about a year. I drink a lot, so that's got to go, but I am thinking that I will need to actually count calories and macros if I want to lose this last little bit.

I have a half-marathon in a month...I'd like to be under 200 on that day. Thoughts?

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    Cut the alcohol before you start counting. You will see a drop and more likely within 30 days will be near 200. I am not an excessive drinker but those are the types of results I have seen from cutting alcohol completely.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

Actually did that, Al, during Lent (which just ended). Did a Whole30. Very strict, but didn't lose much. Makes me think I'm at the point where counting will help.

ss14 is offline Member
    Do you eat late at night a lot? Try finishing dinner by 7 every night.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyAl View Post
    Cut the alcohol before you start counting. You will see a drop and more likely within 30 days will be near 200. I am not an excessive drinker but those are the types of results I have seen from cutting alcohol completely.
    This and low carb....I've heard it said "train low and race high". That's how I would do it anyway. I am a heavy drinker so I know if I ever wanna drop another ten that would get me there

blayFreezelr is offline Junior Member
    Cut the alcohol before you start counting.

Thanks to all! I'll redouble my efforts to lay-off the booze (although I do love it so!)

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Ive found when you get too good at low carb you reach a plateau which is actually broken down with cycling routines or refeeds. have you considered that?
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Reborn Grokker is offline Senior Member
    Or.....don't focus on a number on the scale! I'm not being mean, I promise, last year in April I hit 158 then I hit a plateau, I would change things and go down to around 156, then back up, I was in a zone of 156-160 until just about a month ago.....but last August I had my body fat done by a professional along with measurements, then I switched from high cardio (triathlon training) to mostly Crossfit 2x a week and 1-3 mile run 1-2x a week, my weight went to 156, but my body fat had dropped 3%, my clothes fit different. Nov-Feb I was really lazy and I maintained the 156-160 range. Last month, I cleaned my diet up again: let fruit except berries and occasional apple/banana, very minimal grains, lots of meat/veggies/good fats. And I started training again for triathlon season without upping my carbs like so many chronic cardio people do, now I'm in a 154-158 range---only 4 lbs less than a year ago--on a good day, but I'm smaller, more compact, my arms/shoulders look great...belly is flattening out...and legs are starting to come along, and I'm in a size 8 pant when last year I was in a 10.
    Long story short, don't focus on a number and the "last 10" really take some time, but if you focus on measurements/body fat/composition you will see changes.
    Heidi

33yo, 5'6", 158lbs, size 10 jeans