Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss goals come to a stop page

Chrisf12 is offline Member

Weight loss goals come to a stop

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For those of you that have seen yourself plateau in terms of shedding fat, you may need to add a cheat day, aka, an anti-primal day just once a wk. you'll see a huge difference in ft loss

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    um why?
    Its not worth the crappy way I feel after eating non-primal foods, and I am sure I am not the only one.
    All it does is make me want more and more crap, its a vicious cycle.

Chrisf12 is offline Member
    Well obviously, you'll need to have a little willpower but cheating just once a wk can skyrocket your success. They have been a few primal trials of 3 months on primal only vs 3 months of primal w a cheat day once a wk, and the latter had 7 pounds more in fat loss. The reason being, simply, is that when you restrict carbs, and therefor insulting levels drop, a hormone that we produce called leptin also decreases. Leptin regulates out body fat etc, communicating the overall nutritional output.. And when leptin levels are low (this happens when calories or carbs are restricted) our body goes into starvation mode, working against out fat loss goals by holding on to fat, slowing down ur metabolism , etc. adding a cheat day once awk prevents this fr happening.. Just my thoughts. I want everyone to succeed here an I love prpripral foods and te lifestyle. I have personally seem te difference. Try it out. If u don care
    To, that's ok. Just trying to help out. And btw, when my friend first told me about this a couple yrs back I was skeptical and argue targumentativw but it works.. )h

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Well I can assure you now it doesn't work for me, even if I do restrict it to once a week, I just feel too awful after doing it. Its not worth it.
    And do you have links to these so called studdies?
    That starvation mode thing is a CW thing, and its bollocks if you are eating good fats.

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Your body thinking its starving is why it goes into ketosis - THIS helps with weight loss too and in a healthier way than going back to carbs!
    There is no way on Gods earth I am going back to a deliberate cheat!
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

interesting thread so good fats help prevent plateaus?? And keep leptin levels high??

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gotsometoloose View Post
    interesting thread so good fats help prevent plateaus?? And keep leptin levels high??
    No it's carbs that increase leptin levels.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Well I can assure you now it doesn't work for me, even if I do restrict it to once a week, I just feel too awful after doing it. Its not worth it.
    And do you have links to these so called studdies?
    That starvation mode thing is a CW thing, and its bollocks if you are eating good fats.
    You can do a cheat with primal foods or gluten free just increase calories and carbs.
    Last edited by Sue; 04-16-2012 at 02:27 AM.

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    7 pounds of additional fat loss compared to what? Was it a statistically signifigant number in the study? Was it a ward study or free living report of diet?

Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    Your body thinking its starving is why it goes into ketosis - THIS helps with weight loss too and in a healthier way than going back to carbs!
    There is no way on Gods earth I am going back to a deliberate cheat!
    When your body thinks it's starving, it does everything it can to conserve energy, which means lowering metabolism and storing as much fat as it can while catabolizing its own proteins. Ketosis happens because of a lack of glycogen to burn.

Starvation is a strange thing. It can take more than a week, maybe as much as a month, to even begin if the person is abstaining from all food. But it begins much sooner when the person is eating a few hundred calories a day.

Another point: carbs are not bad for you. Please repeat this like a mantra. What may be bad for you is the food that contains the carbohydrates; it also contains the bad kinds of phytic acid, lectins, gluten, etc. People need to stop demonizing an entire macronutrient.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast