Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble eating enough calories page

Trouble eating enough calories

Shop Now
    Hi im new to this style of eating but i really like it but im having trouble eating enough calories and as i have progressed i am finding myself less hungry as well and not feeling like eating and to eat enough i have to really stuff myself which i dont like to do.

My plate says i should be eating 1950cals a day to loose a 2pds a week but i struggle to reach it with the clean natural food(which i love) and then when i go to work and i might be on my feet for 8 hrs and just burn through cals galore its even harder.Some days my plate is saying im barely eating any cals at all any suggestions for eating enough without feeling bloated??

Thanks
    Brad

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Are you eating enough fat? Try adding butter to your veg or drinking bulletproof coffee.
    I have the opposite problem and cant keep my calories down! Reason being that I probably eat too much fat!
    Add fat (healthy ones of course) to everything to boost your calorie intake.
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Coconut is offline Senior Member
    Yep, fat will do it.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    How are you feeling on the days when you are eating too few calories? If you feel shitty, then add some fats like others gave said. If you feel fine then leave it, why are you forcing yourself to eat more if your body doesn't need it?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    Are you eating enough fat? Try adding butter to your veg or drinking bulletproof coffee.
    I have the opposite problem and cant keep my calories down! Reason being that I probably eat too much fat!
    Add fat (healthy ones of course) to everything to boost your calorie intake.
    Then he will start having issues like you do from having to add fat to everything!

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Then he will start having issues like you do from having to add fat to everything!
    Issues? What issues?
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

yep im eating enough fat and im not straying away from it although my conventional brain tells me 100gms of fat is over the top i am realising its fine.

When i dont meet the cals target i still feel fine and my energy has never been so consistant in my life no ups and downs which i love.But to answer the question why force yourself to eat its because i was under the impression if you dont eat enough your body will fight you with your fat loss?? Or is this more of a long term reaction to prolonged starving?

weighed myself for the first time about 8 days on this eating plan lost 6pds pretty happy and it hasnt been hard 38 to go.

Today wasnt hungry at all had a couple eggs at lunch that was it till i finished a heavy squat session at 7pm then i had a decent feed this eating amazes me i dont think i have eaten so little in a day(today) from not being hungry ever in my life.Just not hungry.

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gotsometoloose View Post
    Hi im new to this style of eating but i really like it but im having trouble eating enough calories and as i have progressed i am finding myself less hungry as well and not feeling like eating and to eat enough i have to really stuff myself which i dont like to do.
    Now you're just showing off!

I have been eating primally for 3 months and don't appear to have lost an inch! I don't weigh myself I just look in the mirror and know when I have changed shape and I haven't. Good job I'm not too bothered about losing weight. On the upside my skin has never looked better

Maybe add olives to your salad or cheese? if you can eat diary, all nice and fattening
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

LOL Thanks Badbunny! Funny you havent lost diet seems to work ok so far.I havent done any cardio yet and i really dont see the need i run around at work all day but i love lifting heavy weights.

I will admit i have experience at loosing weight i lost 45kilos in less then 8 months last time and got to 13%bf this time my wife had kids and i didnt train for nearly 2 years and i bunged 50% of it bak on now im bak at it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast