Thread: Please Critique My Daily Menu page

CAZHPFAN is offline Junior Member

Question Please Critique My Daily Menu

Primal Fuel
    Cronometer Snapshot.jpgHi Folks,

I've been dabbling in the primal lifestyle for some time. I'm getting more and more serious as I plan to embark on a GAPS style diet for treatment of IBC-C. Thus far, Primal/Paleo has helped a lot.

Here's what I ate today.

Breakfast:

3 hard-boiled eggs
    1/2 cup of roasted asparagus (probably had about a tsp of EVOO on it from roasting)
    1 medium roasted beet
    1/3 cup of homemade sauerkraut

Snack:

1 cup of homemade kefir on 2% milk from grass-fed cows.
    9 strawberries

Lunch:

2 skin-on roasted organic chicken drumsticks (I eat a lot of chicken because it's cheap. I'll try to scale back because of concerns with omega-6 fats. I haven't been able to get grass-fed beef at my local FM for several weeks now.)
    1/2 cup of roasted asparagus (probably had about a tsp of EVOO on it from roasting)
    1 medium roasted beet
    1/3 cup of homemade sauerkraut

Afternoon snack:
    1 bannana

2nd. snack:

5oz of sweet potato
    1 cup of homemade yogurt (I do dairy because I feel fine eating it and it provides probiotics for my gut).
    1/2 oz of walnuts (I know, more n6 fats...)

Dinner:

3 egg omelette on 1/2 tbsp of butter.
    4oz of sweet potato
    1/2 cup of sauerkraut

Additional info:

I am recovering from a very long series of eating disorders that have completely busted my gut (I won't go into detail). I am male, in my very late teens, 5'7", and currently weight about 108-110lbs. My weight has been increasing very slowly from my bottom.

My big issue is IBS. I have very little appetite because of constant stomach pain and an utter lack of hunger signals. Thus, I try my best to eat as low-residue as possible.

Is there anything that I can do to tweak my diet towards a more Primal one? I will start eating more beef/lamb while reducing chicken (trying to get the n6 down). Lower-carb will come later as I start GAPS (just researching that right now).

Is my fruit intake acceptable? On an average day I may have 3 servings. I'm concerned about issues with fructose "overload."

Also, I have about 1 cup of coffee per day (no milk or sugar added) with the rest of my water intake coming either from pure H2O or hot tea (w/o sugar or milk added).

Thank you very much for the feedback!
    Last edited by CAZHPFAN; 04-15-2012 at 08:12 PM.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    this looks great, although you go for the smaller, more frequent meals approach, and i prefer the bigger, less frequent meals approach. but food-wise, i think you're doing fine. don't worry about the carbs. at all. stop worrying about the carbs. stop! a banana and 9 strawberries is not fructose overload. you're doing great.

at your weight, never worry about eating too many calories. stick to primal foods and keep full.