Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Cheesecake? page

PaleoHeather is offline Junior Member

Primal Cheesecake?

Primal Fuel
    I'm graduating college in a couple of weeks and I really want cheesecake for my graduation party. I know to use full fat, high quality dairy and to make the crust from ground nuts. My question is...what do I sweeten my cheesecake with? Is Splenda ok or not? If not, what else could I use?

solmama is offline Junior Member
    Maybe a combination of stevia and honey or maple syrup?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Buy a real cheesecake made with all the ingredients you know and love. It's your graduation party. It's not worth the trouble to make a weird paleo cheesecake that might suck balls for this one-time event.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Martha is offline Senior Member
    Do not use artificial sweeteners like Splenda. Ever. The human body is not designed to assimilate these toxic lab-created chemicals.

How about using honey? Even cane sugar would be better than Splenda.

erikJ is offline Senior Member
    I made a pretty good one with Macadamia nuts, cinnamon and butter for the crust and use stevia and or Honey for the sweetness. Just google Paleo Cheese cake. there's some good recipes out there. Personally I can't stand the sweetness and artificial taste in store bought conventional cheese cakes. make your own, It's easy.

mike_h is offline Senior Member
    I think like Grumpy Caveman. If every time you graduate from college you eat conventional cheesecake you'll be doing pretty well.

PaleoHeather is offline Junior Member
    I love cooking so making a cheesecake is fun, not a chore. I think I will go with regular cane sugar, but use about 2/3 of what I would normally use. I like making my cheesecake with a mix of full fat cream cheese and sour cream.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Buy a real cheesecake made with all the ingredients you know and love. It's your graduation party. It's not worth the trouble to make a weird paleo cheesecake that might suck balls for this one-time event.
    I completely agree. Have drinks. Eat crap if you want to. If this isn't a 20% event, I don't know what is.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I made this for this past weekend.

I used organic coconut sugar and some stevia. 100% stevia has an aftertaste, so I like to cut it with actual quality sugar.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I made this for this past weekend.

I used organic coconut sugar and some stevia. 100% stevia has an aftertaste, so I like to cut it with actual quality sugar.
    Damn, that looks good. I agree on the stevia aftertaste, I can't stand the odd taste it leaves behind. Every time I try it I go " Oh, this isn't ba...fuck".
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast