Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about breakfast page

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member

Question about breakfast

So, I know that most CW says that we should eat breakfast within an hour of waking up so that we can "jump start" our metabolism for the day. CW says that if you don't eat breakfast, it slows your metabolism down.

But I want to know, is that really true, especially when you are doing Primal? I woke up this morning and I wasn't particularly hungry, so I haven't eaten yet. I had my coffee with coconut milk and a splash of cream, but that's it. Should I force myself to eat breakfast even if I'm not hungry, or should I take it as an opportunity to do an IF since I haven't eaten for many hours?

No? No one has any idea?

fiercehunter is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Thanks for that!

CSilivestru is offline Member
    I used to eat 6 small meals a day while following my low-fat CW diet a few years ago. I never understood why I needed to force food down even if I wasn't hungry.

Eat when hungry and eat 'til full. Keep it primal foods and I think everything works out :-).
    My "breakfast" is Bulletproof Coffee every morning. That goes against everything CW tells you (high fat, high calorie breakfast, no carbs). But, if I'm not hungry, I won't consume anything and, like you said, turn it into a spontaneous IF!
    Living the primal lifestyle and loving it! On a constant quest of optimal health and living life to the fullest :-).

You can have excuses or results -- not both.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Eat when you are hungry. Stop when you are satisfied (not full).

Why shove calories in your mouth if you don't feel like you need them?

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Eat when you are hungry. Stop when you are satisfied (not full).

Why shove calories in your mouth if you don't feel like you need them?
    This.

Personally, I eat breakfast every day. I also work a physically demanding job and wake up hungry every morning, so context matters.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Bron is offline Senior Member
    Whereas my job isn't that physical (or more that I don't work every day, it may be different if I did) so I seldom eat breakfast before 10.30 and often as late as 2pm.

Mouse is offline Member
    I agree with @lex. Context matters.

I don't get any choice about my lunchtime when I'm at work, and it's sometimes a late lunch. I have zero opportunities to grab a bite to eat before that, so waiting until I get hungry to eat something for the day could have my stomach rumbling at inconvenient times. This means that I eat a big breakfast around 7:30 on weekday mornings. If I'm not hungry when I start cooking, the smell of the food and habit gets my appetite rolling.

On the other hand when I don't work, I simply opt to eat when I get hungry. This can be anywhere from 8 am to noon or sometimes even later.

EliasFaust is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Eat when you are hungry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast