Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunlight Alarms page 2

Jefferson is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Thanks for the responses folks. I'm in the same boat as Minxxa. Monday through Friday I get up at 5am and the sun wouldn't be bright enough to wake me until closer to 7:30 or 8:00.

Pieter, I've looked into that particular alarm clock. All the reviews I've read say that it works wonderfully, but most of the reviews have a later addition that talks about the un-replaceable bulb burning out after a couple of months use,followed by a terrible experience with Phillips' customer service. Look it up on Amazon.com to see some reviews for yourself.

I do appreciate the suggestions everyone! Keep 'em coming!

Jefferson is offline Member

Also, Pieter, I meant to say that I hope your experience with that light is a better one than what I've read about.

Ika
    Ika is offline Member
    Hmmm...this is facinating! I was looking up sunlight alarms a few weeks ago and also remember being annoyed that they were so expensive yet got such bad reviews for breaking easily...
    I didn't think of just using a timer on a regular lamp! I'm going to do this and see how it works!! I *hate* waking up to that "Errrr errr errrr!!!!" sound LOL. I'd love to use the sun, but I can't sleep unless my room is PITCH BLACK, so since i live in the city, leaving the curtians open is out of the question...dumb street lights!

Big Dave is offline Senior Member
    That is a great idea, but..........................Since I get up two hours before my wife it could harm my current marital bliss!
    Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

SheRa is offline Junior Member
    Here is a link to the clock I use. http://www.biobrite.com/products.php?category=SunRise Clocks

I use the 88631 Digital SunRise Clock but its a differant color.

I've been using this kind of clock for ten years now and I love it. I don't use any other alarms except when traveling. This is my second. I've never had a bulb burn out but somehow I broke a button on my first clock.

The odd thing for me is that the moment the bulb begins to brighten, I wake up even though it is very dim. So, for instance, if you set the clock to gradually brighten over half an hour, I have to set my "alarm" for 1/2 hour later.

I've also found that I'm actually a little more sensitive now to light pollution interrupting my sleep. Possibly the only potential drawback.

Ironically, on the weekends when you don't need the alarm, you still have to set the alarm because otherwise the digital display is too bright!! (It dims when set).

Ask me anything else you want to know.

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    I went all in and got the Dawn simulator and Day light lamp at http://www.fullspectrumsolutions.com...4_detailed.htm I have been happy with the quality of both. The only thing that was weird was one time the bulb was loose and the light flickered weird as the "Sun" came up :-) Overall I have been very happy with it. If it broke I would buy another one, it has really helped me with waking up, and the Daylight lamp has helped with the winter blahs

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    I bought the Naf Naf V3 sunrise lamp (not hard to find on google search) and it has been great, now have a easy wake up at regular time to radio or nature sounds.

I like waking up to natural sun but in the winter when you have to get up before the real sun comes up its great. Had it a few months and no problems cant say how well it will be working a few years from now, - but its just a lamp?!

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
    You can make one with a simple light timer and an auto dimming circuit, or a light that takes a while to warm up. I can't vouch for it, since I wake up fine without an alarm, but in theory it should cost about $10-$15 to do it yourself so longevity won't be as much of an issue.
    My grandmother's sunlight alarm is better than yours - it also impregnates the hens.

BMWRider is offline Junior Member
    If you are frugal with your money, and need to get up at some horrendous hour like I do, I suggest this as an inexpensive alternative:

http://sunraintime.com/

I bought the more expensive on of the two and am pleased with it. I am not affiliated, blah, blah, blah.

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    @BMWRider,

I haven't seen those before, thanks for the link, I might get one just for travel. One of the ways I know i like mine is how much i miss it when I am out of town.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast