Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any bread that's good for you? page

destructalux is offline Senior Member

Is there any bread that's good for you?

Shop Now
    I'm trying to help my mum get into the primal blueprint way of living and get healthy, but it's a sensitive time at the moment with the passing of my dad and I don't want to be jammin too much info down her throat!

She likes bread, and while she doesn't eat alot of it, she still would like to be able to eat some... so I'm just wondering if there is any good bread out there??

I havn't bothered reasearching this before because for me it was easy to give bread and grains the flick

Cheers

P.s... i did search on here. found some almond bread recipies then found conflicting opinions.
    Last edited by destructalux; 04-14-2012 at 11:51 PM.

TARNIP is offline Senior Member
    I make my own bread with almond meal. I only make 2-4 slices at a time as I don't eat it very often but if you would like the recipe I will post for you :-)

Yep would love it thanks TARNIP!

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Country life make a few good gluten free breads with Rice and tapica flour. It's pretty good stuff. Almond meal is pretty high in Omega 6 and can oxidise when heated. And it tends to taste pretty nasty for bread, imo.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 04-15-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Sweet, cheers. I'm keen to find one (if it exists) we can make at home (give my mum something to do - she likes cooking). I also live pretty remote so stuff like that doesnt exist out here!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    If I were going to start eating bread again, I would choose homemade, long-fermented sourdough bread. The fermentation process reduces some of the anti-nutrients. I would eat it with good quality butter.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Possibly Ezekiel? Not primal, but likely better than most store-bought bread.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    In with the bad pun-- SWEETBREADS! (aka as thymus and pancreas offal)-- a healthy and delicious "bread"! made from all animal ingredients.
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmallOne View Post
    In with the bad pun-- SWEETBREADS! (aka as thymus and pancreas offal)-- a healthy and delicious "bread"! made from all animal ingredients.
    this sounds like the kinda thing i'm after... got any favourite recipies?

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    I'm not much of one for recipes, since I'm allergic to everything, but here's how I cook it:

Stovetop Thymus

realize I was being completely sarcastic about the bread thing here... it's literally two glands, usually from veal, with very misleading nominclature.
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast