Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any bread that's good for you?

Is there any bread that's good for you?

Shop Now
    i did search on here. found some almond bread recipies then found conflicting opinions.
    Last edited by PrimalOzzie; 10-02-2015 at 04:49 PM.

I make my own bread with almond meal. I only make 2-4 slices at a time as I don't eat it very often but if you would like the recipe I will post for you :-)

Yep

Country life make a few good gluten free breads with Rice and tapica flour. It's pretty good stuff. Almond meal is pretty high in Omega 6 and can oxidise when heated. And it tends to taste pretty nasty for bread, imo.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 04-15-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Sweet, cheers.

If I were going to start eating bread again, I would choose homemade, long-fermented sourdough bread. The fermentation process reduces some of the anti-nutrients. I would eat it with good quality butter.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Possibly Ezekiel? Not primal, but likely better than most store-bought bread.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

In with the bad pun-- SWEETBREADS! (aka as thymus and pancreas offal)-- a healthy and delicious "bread"! made from all animal ingredients.
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmallOne View Post
    In with the bad pun-- SWEETBREADS! (aka as thymus and pancreas offal)-- a healthy and delicious "bread"! made from all animal ingredients.
    this sounds like the kinda thing i'm after... got any favourite recipies?

Shop Now
    I'm not much of one for recipes, since I'm allergic to everything, but here's how I cook it:

Stovetop Thymus

realize I was being completely sarcastic about the bread thing here... it's literally two glands, usually from veal, with very misleading nominclature.
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.