Franks Red Hot

Primal Fuel
    I have a couple trial bottles of Franks Red hot

Ingredients

Aged Cayenne Red Peppers
    Vinegar
    Water
    Salt and Garlic Powder

IS there anything wrong with this? I was only looking at the salt but would it be a problem? I mean I guess it is refined so... but I dunno how bad that makes it if at all.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I use it all the time. I don't worry about it, it's a small part of my overall diet.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Dailytribal is offline Senior Member
    Thanks

So there is no issue with the salt? I always heard that refined salt isn't good. I dunno. I mean I used it before with no issues but we shouldn't.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I put that shit on everything.

Catharsis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dailytribal View Post
    Thanks

So there is no issue with the salt? I always heard that refined salt isn't good. I dunno. I mean I used it before with no issues but we shouldn't.
    I dig hot sauce (just a dash). Bear in mind that vinegar is basically made from fermented sugar, some from sugars in barley. In general, I don't think a little bit here and there can do much harm. Now, if you're going through a bottle a day or something, well, you might wanna back off at that point.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    It's fine, put it on everything and enjoy. I will mention though that taking a couple habanero peppers, some spices, and some vinegar and blending them together makes an amazing hot sauce that trumps anything I can find in a bottle. I'm going to try a recipe with Trinidad scorpion peppers soon, and it should be great.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Quote Originally Posted by Catharsis View Post
    I dig hot sauce (just a dash). Bear in mind that vinegar is basically made from fermented sugar, some from sugars in barley. In general, I don't think a little bit here and there can do much harm. Now, if you're going through a bottle a day or something, well, you might wanna back off at that point.
    Oh I didn't know I thought Vinegar has no issues.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neckhammer View Post
    i put that shit on everything.
    this!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

yeah I had 19ml bottles. Just used one but it makes everything taste so much better. Gonna try and make homemade.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Franks is awesome. By far my favorite! I started buying the big gallon jugs at Sam's Club, and refilling my smaller bottles.

Eat it. Eat it often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast