Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I want to quit coffee, but I also don't want to quit coffee page 5

morganpmiller is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm guessing that non of you were just drinking one cup a day. Or, maybe it is that hard to get off one cup for some people. I think the sensitive ones like me, and those posting here, are in the minority. Most people I know tolerate coffee quite well without any reall come down or mood fluctuations. I just stay away for the most part. I wish I wasn't so sensitive to it, I would drink a fresh cup 5 or 6 days a week.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    2-3 usually, at one stage I got down to 1 per day, but lately it has been multiple cups. I don't feel so good today.

JAWS is offline Junior Member
    Coffee is definitely worth consuming, but not 3-4 cups. That is overkill, especially if you are drinking everyday.

Also, it is not the "Fresh" part that is important, it is the quality of the bean. Make sure you are paying attention to the grade of your coffee beans; they're are US grading systems here: Coffee Grading

The healthiest coffee I can find right now is expensive, but it is from a guy named Dave Asprey.
    Here is a link to the coffee: Bulletproof

Its good for a medium roast, and has minimal mycotoxins so the health benefits are out of the rooooof!

Quote Originally Posted by morganpmiller View Post
    I think 3 or 4 cups of FRESHLY ground and brewed coffee have plenty of health benefits that make it well worth consuming.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Nothing wrong with feeling good. I like it. It's just that if you quit coffee but have it infrequently, when you do have it, it really revs you up and makes you feel amazing. If you have it every day, you don't feel it quite so much. You get used to it. If you quit entirely, then you never get to have that feeling. The trick is to quit but not quit. I haven't figured out how to do that.
    I enjoy coffee on the weekends only (some times I'll get one of those tiny cups of coffee @ TJs or Whole Foods). Either a "normal" strong brew of 6 oz or 8 oz or sometimes when I'm in the mood for a blast of caffeine, a ol big honkin' 10 oz's. Often I make my version of BulletProof, big pile of cinnamon (maybe some nutmeg too), coconut oil or both coco oil & kerrygold butter. Or just black & strong. Or with a shot or two of whole fat pastured farmers milk.

In other words, I enjoy it & don't sweat it. I could quit & never drink it again ever (I never drank coffee til recently) but I think I'll continue w/ my little p/t weekend relationship with this bean. Of course I eat chocolate too - on & off again basis, & sometimes have & enjoy southern style or Boston baked beans & I like to check in with the occasional hummus too, which I have savored since forever.
    Last edited by Betorq; 09-10-2012 at 07:56 PM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Periwinkle is offline Senior Member
    I am in the process of giving up my shot of espresso a day, but I dont really want to. I am only doing it because I think I might have adrenal fatigue and everything I have read says to eliminate caffeine. Im so exhausted all of the time, I am willing to give it up. Today was day 3 of no espresso. I do drink raw milk, though. So instead of my latte, I have been making milk and unsweetened baker's cocoa "hot chocolates" and drinking that in the mornings. It is pretty good and bitter, much like coffee. If you dont drink milk, my suggestion wont help you much.

Good luck.
    It's just another day in paradise
    As you stumble to your bed
    You'd give anything to silence
    Those voices ringing in your head
    You thought you could find happiness
    Just over that green hill
    You thought you would be satisfied
    But you never will-
    Learn to be still
    -The Eagles

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    What a bunch of lightweights. I've never---I can't believe anybody is even talking about dangers of addiction from one, three or five cups of coffee. That's not an addiction. That's a very low to moderate intake. Two pots a day plus two or three diet rockstars, like I used to drink, that's an addiction. Now I drink only three-quarters of a pot every day. It's 8 cups, and that's almost nothing. Sometimes I have an extra cup or two at work throughout the shift. I sleep great and have no problems whatsoever, no side effects. Only benefits. Sometimes I dial it back, think about quitting, then remember it's good for me anyway and ask WHY I would want to quit, other than to save a few pennies. Coffee is not a problem, it's a friend.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    What a bunch of lightweights. I've never---I can't believe anybody is even talking about dangers of addiction from one, three or five cups of coffee. That's not an addiction. That's a very low to moderate intake. Two pots a day plus two or three diet rockstars, like I used to drink, that's an addiction. Now I drink only three-quarters of a pot every day. It's 8 cups, and that's almost nothing. Sometimes I have an extra cup or two at work throughout the shift. I sleep great and have no problems whatsoever, no side effects. Only benefits. Sometimes I dial it back, think about quitting, then remember it's good for me anyway and ask WHY I would want to quit, other than to save a few pennies. Coffee is not a problem, it's a friend.
    You're young, so I'll let that snideness slide. But imo, keep that up & your adrenal function may change in the future. Like say 10-15 years! Or not... who knows? Oh & btw, I see in this thread today, http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65662-4.html, you commented that you too get depressed when you don't eat enough liver. Ok, so you pound coffee, 3/4 of a pot daily, but lack of liver consumption makes you depressed? So, ok who's the lightweight again?
    Last edited by Betorq; 09-11-2012 at 07:00 AM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    ad astra per aspera

amerikian is offline Junior Member
    I'm a HUGE coffee drinker and would brew a pot of coffee a day (8-10 cups) and drink it throughout the morning until noon.

Now I've switched to: 10 ml Bottle (0.34 Oz) Contains 25 mg active ginsenosides from 6000mg Red Panax Kirin & Shih Chu Ginseng Roots from amazong. I drink 2 or 3 each morning at home. Then when i get to work i make some black tea (earl grey) and that seems to hold me over. So far so good.

Sure I'll still have a coffee here and there while heading our at 5am for hunting or something, but my normal routine is OVER. I don't even have any coffee beans in my house!!! Now I just need to stop tobacco...which I started to quit yesterday.
    SW (207lbs) 8/1/2012
    CW (188lbs)
    Primal Since 8/1/2102

Bike commute to work 20 miles/day ~ rain, shine, or snow.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    There isn't anything wrong with coffee. If you're putting 1/2 a cup of cream and sugar in each cup, eh, probably not so great. But black coffee? It's hard to find a more natural drink other than water/tea. Tea is great for cold drinks, as a warm drink it pales in comparison to coffee. Don't be a quiter, keep the coffee!!!! If it gives you the jitters, cut back but I wouldn't deprive yourself if you enjoy it.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast