Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Voyage of TenYearStorm page

TenYearStorm Guest

Shop Now

Hello there. Thank you for stopping by. I am here for critiques so feel free to speak your mind!

About myself:

I am a grokette in my early 20's. This is supposed to be the time that I enjoy my youth and enjoy the capabilities of my body. I want to be as healthy as I can so that I can be confident with men (feel good in my body) and feel my best when active climbing or hiking, skiing or walking. The biggest obstacle I am learning to overcome is binge eating. This has been going on for about a year. I tried going full on PB about six months ago and felt great but I was being super strict and the binging got worse because I wasn't really enjoying my food and I almost have this voice in the back of my head that tells me to ruin my success becasue I don't deserve it. I guess I am a little psychotic but who isn't?

My goals:

1) The first huge goal is to never binge eat again. I can have a little dessert or somehting in the "20 percent" as long as it is as close to primal as possible. However, I am making it a priority to control myself by having one serving. ONE. I cannot keep internally defending my decisions to go back and eat more, and then something else high in carbs... and then just screwing the whole day up.

2) My second goal is to eliminate dairy. Today is my first day with butter only. I will be butter and Ghee only until I use up the good grass-fed stuff I have. I don't think this will be difficult for me at all.

3) My weight goal is to loose at whatever pace my body wants but I would like to be at least somewhat comfortable in a bathing suit by July 4h since I am going on a vacation. I am currently 165ish pounds at 5'7". I want to be 150 pounds or less by July 4th (so about 15 pounds in 4 months). I will make new goals thereafter but my final goal weight is less than 130 pounds. This is more than a realistic goal as I have a very small frame. I will also be taking waist measurements to track my progress.

4) I need to sleep at appropriate times. Going to be before 2 AM is a rarity for me but I am trying to get in bed before midnight every night and getting up before 9 every morning. This will be very tough for me to do but I think it is important. My job is flexible and I do a lot a home so there is no concrete motivator to get me on a schedule.

5) I need to get to the gym or go outside more than I am now. I am aiming to have a good workout at least 3 times/week. Walking, bike riding, sprinting, and lifting weights or doing body weight exercises are the usual. I have asthma pretty bad so I cannot jog or run very long and can only do a few sprints at a time. Hopefully my asthma will clear up eventually!

And, as I said in the beginning, I am here for help so come check up on me and either offer an opinion or just post something so I know that you are watching me and want me to succeed.

TenYearStorm Guest

3/04

Meals:

B- IF

L- IF

D- 3.5 strips of thick cut nitrate-free bacon + big salad with 2 tbs dressing* + krill oil caps

*Dressing made of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and mustard. 4 carbs/serving.

Totals:

Energy | 595 kcal

Protein | 18 g

Carbs | 17 g

Fiber | 4.5 g

Fat | 49 g

Timothy is offline Senior Member

Hello TYS, welcome back to the PB! It sounds like we've had similar experiences. Here's what worked for me.

I used to binge a lot in my carb days, though I wouldn't have used the term. I was just really, really hungry. I could wolf down pounds and pounds of bread and pasta, gallons of soda, and bowls of ice cream. But the hunger never ended.

The problem was that I wasn't getting enough nutrition. My body was chronically starved of vitamins, omega-3s and protein, assaulted by carbs and breaking down in all kinds of ways. The raging hunger was just its desperate and misunderstood cry for help.

When I went on the PB, I never counted calories (that's never been a talent of mine anyway). I continued to eat my complete fill of stuff like bacon, eggs, steak, seafood, broccoli, kale, chard, etc. At first the sugar cravings were very intense... I went through a lot of sugar-free chocolate, gum, and even a couple of diet sodas (GASP). But now the carb cravings are finally receding and I can go for a whole day forgetting to eat because the hunger is just not there. It's amazing to be free at last!

So I would encourage you to eat your fill of whole foods that are good for you. Like, four times as much protein and six times as much fat as you did yesterday

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Watch out for too much exercise!

Doing ultr-ballpark mental calculations you need about 45 grams of protein a day.

Good luck, and we are here for ya!

TenYearStorm Guest

Thanks so much for stopping by and posting, gentlemen. Yesterday was a rare day since I ate so much on Wednesday. I normally eat between 1600 and 2100 calories/day and definitely eat more protein.

Tim, it does sounds like we have the same kind of problem. I do get really really hungry and no matter what crap I eat I never seem to be satisfied. Hopefully after a month or so with no carb binges that weird nagging feeling will subside in me too. Sounds like your body is working everything out!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member

Ten-- this is just me, but if I have any carby stuff (besides veggies) I will start having those cravings again. I can't just do a "little" bread. :-( After a week or so the cravings do start to go away for me and Im' fine, but have one bite of something and they're all back again.

I've also noticed that sugar gives me carb cravings too. i.e. drink a few glasses of wine and the next day I want bready carbs. so cutting back on all of it plus adding fats has helped me a lot.

You'll get a feeling for what works for you in the next weeks... it is all a lot of trial and error! LOL... or maybe just experimentation, I like the sound of that better (no wrong decisions, just ones that don't work so well for you!)

M

"Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member

Binging is a sign your body isn't getting all the nutrients it needs. Keep feeding it high-quality food and don't try to restrict calories. I guarantee you'll never binge again. (Advice from a binge eater who hasn't binged since September 2009.)

Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

TenYearStorm Guest

Mirrorball, I agree. restricting calories is what started it in the first place. In fact restricting calories was the worst thing I ever did-- I was thin before I started dieting! I plan on eating based on my hunger but tracking anyways just to make sure my leptin isn't screwing me over, you know? That thrills me to learn that you have not binged in so long! That must be so awesome!

Minxxa, good advice. I am going to avoid as much as I can the next few weeks and eat lots of vegetables or small amounts of fruit to avoid going for the bad stuff. I don't keep any sweet stuff in the house (not even honey, just fruit). For some reason fruit makes me really full and satisfied (most fruit). I do get hungry again a little earlier, though. I don't drink alcohol so that won't be a problem. Never did, never will... I have a lot of alcoholics in the family and I just choose not to.

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member

[quote]

That thrills me to learn that you have not binged in so long! That must be so awesome!</blockquote>

It is. I&#39;m now one of those annoying people who can eat a small piece of cake at a party and say they don&#39;t want seconds because they are full. Never thought I would be able to do that.

Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

TenYearStorm Guest

3/05

Meals:

B- 3 strips of thick cut nitrate-free bacon

L- 3 eggs cooked in 1 tbs bacon fat + big salad with 2 tbs dressing (usual dressing, see 3/04)

D- 2 large chicken thighs with skin, 6 large strawberries and some baby carrots

s- 2 oz almonds

Totals:

Energy | 1780 kcal

Protein | 101 g

Carbs | 50 g

Fiber | 17 g

Fat | 132g

Exercise:

I walked around the neighborhood (quite a few hills) for 45 minutes.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast