Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Voyage of TenYearStorm page 4

TenYearStorm Guest

3/17

B- 2 traditional sausages

L- 2 tbs almond butter + 1.5oz almonds + 1 oz cashews + 1 ice cream cup*

s- 3.5 oz pork rinds + asparagus cooked in bacon fat

D- 1 traditional sausage + big salad with usual dressing**

*The (really tiny!) ice cream cup was vanilla, organic (it had only 4 ingredients or something), 15 carbs, and 195 calories. It tasted like the most amazing thing on earth! It did make me hungry for the rest of the day, though.

**See 3/04 for ingredients.

Totals:

Energy | 2180 kcal

Protein | 97 g

Carbs | 68 g

Fiber | 20 g

Fat | 174 g

TenYearStorm Guest

WEEK TWO TOTALS:

It has been two weeks! I haven't lost much weight (maybe 2 pounds?) and 0 inches but I am trying to be patient .

My averages for the last 7 days are:

Energy | 1770 kcal

Protein | 87 g

Carbs | 47 g

Fiber | 13 g

Fat | 141 g

Ratio (%p:%c:%f) is aprox 20:08:72

Again I failed with the nuts, but at least I did better than last week. I am happy with my totals and sort of bummed that I haven't lost much weight... 2 lbs is probably water. Hopefully next week I can limit myself to eating 6oz of nuts, total. This last week I had 17oz and the week before I had... 26oz! That must be the problem. Bummer, becasue I have been doing so good and working really hard otherwise!

TenYearStorm Guest

3/18

B- IF

L- 2 traditional sausages + 1 egg cooked in bacon fat + 2 oz pork rinds + 1 oz mozzarella cheese

D- 1 traditional sausage + asparagus + big salad with 2 tbs usual dressing*

*See 3/04 for ingredients.

Totals:

Energy | 1585 kcal

Protein | 89 g

Carbs | 32 g

Fiber | 11 g

Fat | 121 g

KatFish is offline Junior Member

If you are exercising then don't worry too much about the scale. The scale lies! Muscle mass > Fatty tissue mass and as such you can loose fat and increase muscle mass without the results showing on the scale. Measuring your waist/thighs and looking in the mirror is a better overview of your progress.

TenYearStorm Guest

KatFish,

You are such a sweetie for checking in on me! I really appreciate it. Makes me feel less alone in this journey!

I agree with you that a lot of times the scale isn't what is important because it can be affected by so many different things. I do need to loose about 30 pounds of fat, though. It will come off at it's own pace if I focus on my health (mental health, too!) first. On that topic, I feel great. I think I am switching to fat burning as primary fuel now because I have had more energy recently than during the last two weeks. The most remarkable thing is that I really have no desire to binge. Sure I want fruit or nuts or a little something sweet but I have no desire to go eat a half gallon of ice cream like I did before. This is sooooo amazing. It hasn't even sunk in that I am actually succeeding! I bet I can make it to my first goal of being under 150 lbs by July!

TenYearStorm Guest

3/19

B: 1/2 lb 80% lean ground beef

L: 6 slices bacon + 1 egg cooked in 1 tsp bacon fat + 1/3 cup mixed berries

D: Tom Ka Kai*

* This is a delicious Thai chicken and coconut milk soup. I used this recipe: http://www.elanaspantry.com/thai-chicken-soup/ but made some tweaks like exchanging the chicken breasts for thighs and using bacon fat instead of grapeseed oil.

Totals:

Energy | 1246 kcal

Protein | 81 g

Carbs | 15 g

Fiber | 3 g

Fat | 93 g

TenYearStorm Guest

3/20

I binged. Ugh! I was doing so well, too!

I started out with fruit, lots of fruit. Then some nuts. Then more nuts. Then I had sugar cravings and thought to myself, "okay, you can make today a cheat day where you can eat one dessert or somehting and then get back on the wagon tomorrow." Well, as usual, I couldn't stop at one. I couldn't stop even after I was full. I just went on autopilot and kept eating all day. It's extremely embarrassing, but this is the damage:

Totals:

Energy | 5500 kcal

Protein | 162 g

Carbs | 438 g

Fiber | 36 g

Fat | 353 g

I am getting back on the wagon tomorrow of course and I am going to be avoiding fruit and nuts completely if I can (I just bought a some fresh berries (read: expensive!) but once those are gone I will avoid fruit for as long as I can). I am eliminating nuts from my diet completely. I just can't handle these two foods without eating too many at a time. They give me carb cravings and are stalling my progress. Unfortunately, meat and veggies only is so boring sometimes. I think this week I won't worry about cheese so that I can have some variety instead of eating only meat and veggies. Cheese doesn't make me crave carbs like nuts do so even though I wanted to eventually phase out all dairy I need to focus on my carb cravings first.

TenYearStorm Guest

3/21

B- 1 package of bacon (12 strips?) + 4 oz cheddar cheese

s- 1 cup berries

L- chicken, sausage, and vegetable soup

D- steak, berries (a bowl full ), asparagus cooked in olive oil + salad with usual dressing*

s- 5 oz almonds

*See 3/04 for ingredients.

Exercise:

I sprinted 50 yards, rested, did as many burpees as I could, rested, sprinted, rested, did box jumps, rested, and sprinted again. The rest was short enough not to allow full recovery.

My asthma kicked in bad, but I still got a good workout in and felt great for doing so (although I felt sick to my stomach afterward... it WAS a sprint session after all!)

Overall, today was eh...okay. It was soooo dang hard to get back on track. It took everything in me to avoid going head-first into the carbs again. I did eat nuts and fruit that I swore off of yesterday but it's better than giving into my extreme cravings with total junk. I didn't track calories today and that felt very freeing. I was 165 on the scale this morning, so the two pounds that I had lost since the beginning of the month are certainly back. I'm just glad I didn't gain (I stated at 165). It think I am going to try not counting calories and just listing what I eat, listening to my hunger signals and occasionally plugging in a day to see if I am on target. Okay, and Tim's little 'don't count calories' thread was also convincing... I'm going to try it and If I freak out and go crazy I can always go back to feeding my type 'A' behaviors.

TenYearStorm Guest

3/22

B- 5 strips bacon, 1 oz almonds, 1 cup berries

L- 5+ tbs almond butter and a hot chai (yes there was 17g of sugar )

s- 2 oz cheese, 1 oz peanuts, asparagus cooked in olive oil

D- 1/4 lb [80% lean] ground beef + 2oz almonds

s- bowl of chicken and sausage "chili" (my roomates were eating ice cream...)

Exercise:

I painted my friend's kitchen for about 4 hours non-stop.

Okay, enough. Tomorrow HAS to be a meat and veggie only day. All the nuts, fruit, cheese, sugar...ugh! I can't stop. Damn cravings!!!

Notice that I have been eating all day long the past few days. Breakfast tomorrow will be a ton of meat and nothing else to stop my snacking.

TenYearStorm Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

3/23

B- 1/3 lb ground beef

L- 6 slices bacon and 2 eggs swimming in bacon fat

D- Carrots, and 1/4 cup tomato sauce with beef

s- 1 oz almonds

Exercise:

I painted for about 2 more hours.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast