Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Voyage of TenYearStorm page 2

Timothy is offline Senior Member

Can't beat a 45-minute walk on uneven ground for the backbone of an exercise routine. Do you prefer to do it at any particular time of day?

That sounds like a great menu. How did it work for you? Was it enough fat and protein to curb the hunger? Any naughty cravings?

TenYearStorm Guest

Hey Tim,

I just walk whenever it's warm outside. Doesn't matter what time of day as long as the sun hasn't gone behind the mountains. I was a little hungry yesterday but so far I have no cravings! YAY! Thanks again for checking in on me.

TenYearStorm Guest

3/06

B- 4 slices thin cut nitrate-free bacon, 2 eggs cooked in bacon fat

s(while on the hike)- 1/2 red bell pepper, 1 apple

L- 1/3 lb (80% lean) ground beef

D- 8oz prime rib...it looked very lean with some buttered broccoli

s- 4 oz almonds (That's too many for one day but I was truly hungry!)

Totals:

Energy | 2475 kcal

Protein | 114 g

Carbs | 68 g

Fiber | 24 g

Fat | 198 g

Exercise:

This is why I ate so much! I was genuinely very hungry after I went on a snowshoeing trip. We hiked up the side of a 14er for 2 hours, stopped for a snack, then hiked back down. It was tough and definitely 'chronic cardio', but I had a lot of fun.

TenYearStorm Guest

3/07

B- 1/2 lb ground beef (80 percent lean) + 3 strawberries+ a few baby carrots

L- 2 oz almonds + 2 strips of bacon+ 1/2 red bell pepper + baby carrots

s(over a 3 hour period)- 6 oz of mixed nuts* and 1 apple

D- chicken curry**

*I was hungry all afternoon and ended up eating way too many nuts (I finished the bag so I won't be buying many from now on) and unfortunately they were the kind with peanuts and cashews and nasty oil

**The chicken curry I made with chicken thighs, coconut milk and vegetables over cauliflower 'rice'... so delicious!

Totals:

Energy | 2670 kcal

Protein | 110 g

Carbs | 120 g

Fiber | 41 g

Fat | 206 g

I was very hungry (and tired... I took a nap!) all day today and I think it was because I didn't eat enough to cover the energy burned during my snowshoeing trip yesterday. I looked up how many calories hiking for 160 minutes burns for a 165lb person and the approximation was 1180... so I feel better about eating so much. I still feel bad about the nuts but I won't beat myself up. Next time I am going for more meat to fill me up.

Carbs were high today, but fiber was also high. Apples aren't worth the sugar I'm thinking so I'm switching to more berries.

TenYearStorm Guest

Okay so this is bad:

It's 1:00 in the morning here and I just ate like 6 ounces of cashews that my boyfriend has at his place. When I was lying down trying to sleep I was just so hungry that I had to get up and eat something. I went to the kitchen and found some cheese (also bad) and had about 1.5 oz. I went back to bed and 20 minutes later I was still super hungry so I went for the nuts. I would have made some meat or something but I was trying to be quiet. This is so weird how hungry I've been the last two days (I went to bed hungry last night too!). I know it's not carb 'hunger'... I'm just super hungry for fats and calories. Maybe I am not digesting the nuts well and therefore not absorbing the calories? Is this even plausible? Maybe I burned more energy snowshoeing than I thought? Has anyone else experienced this? I don't think that eating 3000 calories in one day sounds right... or am I worrying about nothing?

TenYearStorm Guest

Dear primal journal,

Today my bowel movement looked like chunky almond butter. And ground vegetables.

Obviously I am not absorbing everything I ate.

Today I didn't count anything. I ate a lot of food (I am guessing almost 3000 calories) but it was all primal. Lots of fruit (even some dried fruit), unfortunately but I am so proud that I was able to stop myself from going for the neolithic crap. Hopefully I finally absorbed enough calories to satisfy my crazy appetite. I also checked my blood sugar a few times today when I was weak with hunger (to see if it was too low) and it was 82, so no problems there.

No nuts for me... uh, ever? Darn it... one more thing to get rid of.

Looking forward to another trip to the store tomorrow to get some good sausage, coconut milk, and lots of lettuce.

TenYearStorm Guest

3/09

B-IF

L-IF

D-2 nitrate free bratwurst and 1 egg cooked in bacon fat

Totals:

Energy | 608 kcal

Protein | 31

Carbs | 5 g

Fiber | 1 g

Fat | 53 g

I felt great today. That horrible hunger pain was finally gone!

TenYearStorm Guest

3/10

B-2 nitrate free kolbasa + 1 egg

L-2 more kolbasa + 8 spears asparagus cooked in 1 tbs butter + 1 egg

D-2 oz of almonds + a few sips of coconut milk with 5 strawberries

Totals:

Energy | 1813 kcal

Protein | 80 g

Carbs | 32 g

Fiber | 13 g

Fat | 160 g

KatFish is offline Junior Member

Looking good :P Even though you look like you're back on track, i'd like to point out the possible cause of your recent "hunger attack".

I believe it began with the apple and the lean beef. There are 29.28g of carbs in a large apple/19.06g in a medium apple.

After the apple, you seemed to spiral downhill. You consumed even more carbs as the day progressed! Then to make matters worse, you continued this trend the following day by consuming strawberries for breakfast, nuts, another apple, almonds and then even more nuts! To make matters worse, YOU DIDNT EAT ENOUGH FAT! Lean meat..... It then continued through the next day when you ate lots of fruit! Alarm bells are ringing. I'm no expert, I'm just pointing something out.

Luckily the IF and any fatty foods you had the day before the IF seemed to cure your problem. ;P You didnt need carbs, you needed fat!

I'd suggest cutting out fruit/excess nuts and replacing them with good ol fatty foods/veg whilst you're getting over your "carb addiction". If you keep your carbs under 60g and consume lots of fat you should be set. Oh and whenever you get "carb" cravings grab something fatty. Fat will stop your hunger, I assure you. Learn to love it.

KatFish is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast